Preworkout vs creatine

Options
if your on a budget and could only afford one, which do you prefer?
Creatine or a preworkout? Or neither. I would like to know.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Creatine. I can drink coffee and eat a banana pre-workout.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    Allan got it right. One is easily replaced by cheap food, the other would require a strange diet to replace.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Creatine. I can drink coffee and eat a banana pre-workout.

This.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I guess the choice is clear.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Creatine is like, $9 for a 6-month supply.

Just get that and some caffeine pills, they are ultra cheap too. Or buy caffeine powder, beta alanine powder and whatever to make your own pre-workout if you've got a few extra bucks.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Creatine is like, $9 for a 6-month supply.

Just get that and some caffeine pills, they are ultra cheap too. Or buy caffeine powder, beta alanine powder and whatever to make your own pre-workout if you've got a few extra bucks.

Where did you find it for $9?
  • Dominuslive
    Dominuslive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has cheap creatine. It is also important to find creatine monohydrate as it is just creatine and no fillers. I bought the optimum nutrition brand as my gym sells it, and their whey taste good, dissolves completely, and judging by all the monsters in my gym it works!
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has cheap creatine. It is also important to find creatine monohydrate as it is just creatine and no fillers. I bought the optimum nutrition brand as my gym sells it, and their whey taste good, dissolves completely, and judging by all the monsters in my gym it works!

Awesome thanks for the input
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you take creatine make sure you drink a lot of water during the day.
  • krystallynne
    Options
    Get on Amazon and look up bulksupplements. They have their own site but it tends to be cheaper on the shipping side from Amazon. I get all of my sups from there. Not only are they legit but they are cheap! I use beta alanine and espresso for my preworkout. When you order from BS they will also send you a free product if you write a review!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    if your on a budget and could only afford one, which do you prefer?
    Creatine or a preworkout? Or neither. I would like to know.

Two different things, each have their place.

I'm on a budget, I buy both. Caffeine pills are a cheap pwo, and creatine is a stellar noo.

ETA - not sure the price right now, but BSN has a great creatine, has the consistency of corn starch or powdered sugar. Dissolves super easy.
  • cdougherty01
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/micronized-creatine.html

200 servings, $14.97 for creatine. 5g a day will last you over 6 months. Micronized is very fine and really is flavorless so you can mix it into whatever. If you are pinching pennies I would go with Creatine and take half the scoop with some coffee as a preworkout and the other half of the scoop after with a protein shake.
  • gouldted71
    gouldted71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    when I take plain creatine monohydrate, I mix it with white grape juice. Preworkout sources are easy enough, coffee is probably the best.
  • Sickpuppyapb
    Sickpuppyapb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    most pre-worksouts have creatine in.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Creatine.

For a pre, you can make your own far cheaper. The base of them is caffeine, beta-alanine and creatine. All can be bought in bulk for cheap. Mix with gatoraid or gatoraid powder and you have essentially the same thing.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback people
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    You really don't need either one, and PWO's are largely just stimulants with not enough Amino's to really matter anyway. I would say a good Amino mix like Xtend (Scivation) and good ole' pure Creatine Mono is a better way to go, you can buy caffeine pills if you need the stim. Creatine is one of few supplements that is proven, some of the stuff that's in the PWO's is a little "fuzzy" on it's actual benefit.