Help! My Back is Killing me!

Options
From exercising super hard lately and putting stress on my body, my lower back and my quads are taking a toll! It's so hard for me to walk and do my daily chores.

Replies

• TrailBlazerMN
    TrailBlazerMN Posts: 202
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cut the intensity in half and do more direct hamstring work

Oh...and don't do any movement that hurts your back. Figure out what movements/exercises don't hurt your back and do those.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Take a rest day. Evaluate the work you did (form, intensity, duration, etc.). If your form is what caused your issue, lower the weight and work on the form. If you believe it was intensity or duration, consider whether the recovery from one day was sufficient to get back. If it was, charge on, you’re just dealing with normal DOMS. You will get past that if you keep training. If you’re not recovering well, then tone it down.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster!!! Go easy!!!
  • golfgirl15
    golfgirl15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    stretch and hold each stretch for no less then 20 seconds. Breath through the pain as you stretch.
  • elisajowright
    elisajowright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suggest yoga to increase flexibility and range of motion. Daily stretches and yoga can keep your sore muscles at ease and will help reduce stress which can also contribute to your body feeling the strain of evercise!
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pilates helps develop your core strength, I did a few classes when I hurt my lower back and it really helped. Agree with above posters take a day of rest and when you return to your exercises take it easy. Mind yourself :smiley:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    All of the above, plus see a chiropractor.