Replies

• Dominuslive
    Dominuslive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think we might be in a similar boat
  • drwmason
    drwmason Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Howdy, Its a game of balance to get lean mass. Im working at it myself. I train almost everyday of the week, meaning I'll take one day off to recoup and then its right back to it. Feel free to add me y'all.

I started out lifting with no cardio to gain a base mass, then have slowly incorporated cardio (up to jogging 6 mph for a couple miles now) while maintaining/increasing the lifting capabilities. That way the body understands it needs the muscle for heavy lifting, and uses stored fat for energy.

When it comes to diet, make sure you eat plenty of protein, veggies, and drink plenty of water.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, trying to get stronger. If being a lady disqualifies me from sharing your interests don't add me. I'm working with a trainer for the first time in my life. Basically, so I can learn how to use the machines and techniques for free weights. Dead lifts kinda baffle me. I'm not sure I'm doing it right, she says I am, but still a little intimidated by them. Assisted pull ups are much less scary despite the fact the machine is in the middle of the gym and my jiggly parts are all at eye level when I'm on it. I need to be strong to protect myself from injuries (I'm a nurse). And bonus, I've lost 5 pounds.
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym 5-6days week. Weights and cardio. I'm on day 51 of my current lifting program, with 9 days to go. Trying to decide what to do next. Found a 4day split, power / muscle / burn program, which looks good. Versus a couple of others I'm still considering. I have the last few KG's of fat to cut, until I meet my initial interim 'old' weight goal.