Huge NSV reached! Pics :-)

Options
I started MyFitnessPal in November at 185 pounds. I had gained a lot of weight after I got married in 2005. I got really sick (unable to walk) and so since I couldn't be active, but still ate, I gained over 30 pounds in 6-8 months. I never lost it even though I tried. In 2008, I really started working out hard, but still didn't lose any weight. I soon found out I was pregnant (which might explain the lack of weight loss...) :-) I gained very little in the pregnancy and went back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a week. However, I was still heavy. After I had her, I tried to workout and lose weight, but again, it didn't work and I gave up. I gained more weight while nursing and ended up at 185. In November, I was so disgusted by how much I weighed, how horrible I looked and the fact that my BMI was considered obese that I decided I was going to do whatever I could to get back in shape. I discovered the FitnessPal app for my iPod touch and decided to give it a try for a month. I was faithful in tracking all the calories I took in and expended and worked out 3-5 times a week. I kept my calorie deficit faithfully and quickly the pounds started coming off! I was so excited! I upped the workout intensity and have lost 42 pounds so far!

On Saturday, I dug out the boxes of clothes that I had saved from when I was in college which were sizes 4-6. I had almost gotten rid of them because I was positive (even two months ago) that I would never fit into a 4 again. I tried them on and fit almost every article of clothing!! The only ones that didn't fit were the very fitted tops. (My chest grew when I had my daughter and while it has gotten a little smaller, I don't think it will ever be as small as it was before. :-) )

As a celebration for being able to get in my old clothes, I got my hair highlighted and trimmed and got a new outfit. I felt fabulous and even got an admiring look from a young guy in the store. :-)

Here are some photos to compare the old and new me!

Old me at 185 pounds, size 12-14, waist 36, BMI, 30 and Body Fat % 33:
IMG_3905.jpg
DSC_0134.jpg
100_6280.jpg

The new me at 143 pounds, size 4-6, waist, 30, BMI 23, and Body Fat % 22.2
DSC_0259.jpg
Front view in an old outfit from college

DSC_0214.jpg
Back view in old college outfit

DSC_0185.jpg
New Ann Taylor dress (got it from Goodwill!)

DSC_0141.jpg
Ann Taylor outfit size 6. First time I have bought shorts in forever!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!