Hi

Options
:smile:
I just started this today and am making some huge changes in my life. My doctor suggested I try using MyFitnessPal, and so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to need all the help and support I can get, since I'm bad about starting something and then once it gets tough, quitting. I've been going to the fitness center and doing a few minor exercises, and will be going to a therapis to get help with food addiction later this week. I've been going to a 12 step program for support, but that wasn't getting me anywhere. I'm still working on the 12 steps, but not going to the group. I have been heavy since I was about 5 years old, but a few years ago when I started having back problems and horrible arthritis, I stopped doing much of anything and got depressed, then put on an extra hundred pounds or so. I really am tired of it, and want to get this weight off and be able to walk around again, and move without pain. I'm diabetic and using the pump and am praying that once some of this weight comes off, I'll be able to really lower my doses of insulin too.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Replies

• loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Welcome to the group! This site is an incredible tool in your journey! Don't be afraid to ask for support or encouragement if you need it! That's what your MFP are here for! You can do this lady!!!
    Friend request me if you'd like ...
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    hello
  • markdebbie
    markdebbie Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi. I'm on day 5. It's a really useful tool. I am loving it. Feel free to add me if you want someone to chat to or for support. Good luck. Xxx
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !

Best of luck on your weight loss journey !
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile: