Gluten Free Recipes

Options
sophie94x2014
sophie94x2014 Posts: 19 Member
Hey does anyone have any gluten free recipes? Breakfasts, lunch, dinners, snacks.. thank you!

Replies

• JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We love the Ronzoni brand of GF pasta so that opens up a lot of possibilities. There is a GF cream of mushroom soup but it's a bit thinner than regular and quite a bit more expensive. DH thinks the Aldi's GF bread is the best out there and we like the Udi's pizza crust and muffins.

Besides the usual protein and veggie options, I tend to make the same food as I did before, just with GF products.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My husband is gluten free and I've got to say, it hasn't changed our diet much, with so many decent gf pastas and breads out there.
  • Cr1sc1
    Cr1sc1 Posts: 1
    Options
    My daughter and I have been gf for years. The easiest thing to do (on the budget and the schedule) is to substitute corn tortillas for bread. Just toast them in a non-sick pan (or a regular pan barely moistened with oil) on both sides before wrapping them around your sandwich filling.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Started changing up some of my recipes for my daughter, who has celiac disease. Other than cooking gf pasta for her, we mainly tweaked our recipes so that they didn't include gluten in them. Use gf flour or cornstarch for thickening, & mainly cooking with fresh, not processed ingredients that have hidden gluten. Had to skip a lot of casseroles that included "cream of" whatever soup. Have used the progresso gf creamy mushroom soup in their place, just have to use less other liquid that the recipe calls for.
  • sptrsen
    sptrsen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't have celiac, but I try to eat gf as often as possible since gluten can be so bad for you.

My favorite breakfast recipe (and it is SOOOO easy) are gf flap jacks.
    1-banana mashed
    2-eggs
    about a tablespoon of gf flour (I use coconut flour)
    cinnamon for taste (optional - tastes great without it)

You just mix it up and then cook like regular pancakes. They are a little harder to flip so it's easier to have thin ones.
  • jasmang
    jasmang Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free and have about a million recipes... If you want ideas of my favorite things just message me :)