Fitness Bands!!!

Options
Hey there!
So I have been doing a ton of research into acquiring a fitness band such as the Jawbone Up or the Fitbit Flex, etc. There are tons of options and have been leaning towards the Jawbone Up but I would like to hear comments and feedback on the type of fitness bands you are using and why. I just want to make sure I get a product I enjoy using and that works over all pretty well for my moneys worth since they tend to be on the pricey side. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read my post and I hope you reply. c: If you wish to add me feel free to do it but just make sure you have a good reason. :3
Thank you all again!
Oh! I'm also a college student who tends to walk a bit and go to the gym either each day or every other day depending on my schedule of the week.

Replies

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into them as well, the jawbone up sounds better to me than most others. I think I might have to splurge a little on myself and get one.
  • aprilh576
    aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Using up and love it!
  • Windnancy
    Windnancy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i'm using up24 and i love it but if i had to change i'd go with the fitbit charge HR to get a more accurate calorie spent count with the heart rate monitor inside it...unless jawbones comes up with an HR monitor in their bands before mine gets old and tired haha
  • iandrew124
    iandrew124 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I have been looking into them as well, the jawbone up sounds better to me than most others. I think I might have to splurge a little on myself and get one.

Yes, the jawbone sounds amazing to me right now. xD I'm going to have to wait a few months before I can buy it sadly.
  • iandrew124
    Options
    aprilh576 wrote: »
    Using up and love it!

Awesome, hopefully I will as well. c:
  • iandrew124
    Options
    Windnancy wrote: »
    i'm using up24 and i love it but if i had to change i'd go with the fitbit charge HR to get a more accurate calorie spent count with the heart rate monitor inside it...unless jawbones comes up with an HR monitor in their bands before mine gets old and tired haha

Haha awesome, it seems like a lot of people prefer the UP over the Fitbit. o:
  • evekat11
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivofit enjoying it so far plus the added bonus of a watch on it and a battery that lasts one year
  • shondella
    shondella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Garmin vivofit... is it supposed to sync our daily steps with fitness pal?
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Yes, the jawbone sounds amazing to me right now. xD I'm going to have to wait a few months before I can buy it sadly. [/quote]

It's going to take me a while, too. I am saving up for it because I think it could benefit my life.
  • myzzfit
    myzzfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Best Buy has a sale today and you can get the Jawbone Up for $30.00. I ordered one this morning to try out.
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone UP. I think it's a pain in the butt to have to keep plugging it in and opening the app just to see how many steps I've taken. I'm going to upgrade to one that syncs through Bluetooth soon. Probably the Fitbit Charge HR

Also, the band gets caught on sleeves and blankets a lot.
  • MyOwnPerson
    MyOwnPerson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Fitbit and also the Garmin viofit and I wear the body media link. It was up til last year what the contestants on biggest loser wore. And it's in my opinion by far the best and most accurate thing out there. I love also that u wear it on ur upper left arm so it don't get in ur way the viofit did when I wore that. And the Fitbit don't even touch ur skin so how can that be accurate? I read that the Fitbit counts the same if u go up 200 steps as if u went down 200 steps?!? The body media link can tell the difference.
  • iandrew124
    Options
    evekat11 wrote: »
    I have the Garmin Vivofit enjoying it so far plus the added bonus of a watch on it and a battery that lasts one year

That's very true, but to me it isn't that appealing in the design. x-x
  • iandrew124
    Options
    shondella wrote: »
    I just bought a Garmin vivofit... is it supposed to sync our daily steps with fitness pal?

From what I have done on research it says you can sync it with MFP. o:
  • iandrew124
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »

Yes, the jawbone sounds amazing to me right now. xD I'm going to have to wait a few months before I can buy it sadly.

It's going to take me a while, too. I am saving up for it because I think it could benefit my life.
    [/quote]

That's exactly how I feel. c:
    You know, seeing those calories you're burning daily helps you know you're reaching your small daily goals that lead up to accomplishing your over all goal. x3
  • iandrew124
    Options
    myzzfit wrote: »
    Best Buy has a sale today and you can get the Jawbone Up for $30.00. I ordered one this morning to try out.

Oh dang, really?! Gotta check this out!
  • iandrew124
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »
    I have the Jawbone UP. I think it's a pain in the butt to have to keep plugging it in and opening the app just to see how many steps I've taken. I'm going to upgrade to one that syncs through Bluetooth soon. Probably the Fitbit Charge HR

Also, the band gets caught on sleeves and blankets a lot.

Ah, yeah those are complaints I've heard but it seems that it isn't too often that happens and I'm quite sure as a college student myself it won't snag onto things other than maybe by shirt if its long sleeve. Perhaps the Jawbone Up24?
  • iandrew124
    Options
    I have tried the Fitbit and also the Garmin viofit and I wear the body media link. It was up til last year what the contestants on biggest loser wore. And it's in my opinion by far the best and most accurate thing out there. I love also that u wear it on ur upper left arm so it don't get in ur way the viofit did when I wore that. And the Fitbit don't even touch ur skin so how can that be accurate? I read that the Fitbit counts the same if u go up 200 steps as if u went down 200 steps?!? The body media link can tell the difference.

May I ask what is the body media link then since its a lot better than Fitbit and Garmin? o:
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    myzzfit wrote: »
    I dont see this deal on the Best Buy website. Can you provide a link?
  • timallenuk
    timallenuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the vivosmart. Bit more expensive buy has more features than others out there. I use it with a heart rate monitor. Very accurate.

I work for a software company in health and we look into integration of these fitness bands.
    It seems that the Led technolgy works great at rest or general activities. The problem lies when undertaking strenuous activity and the readings can get very random. This is down to the light technology not being able to monitor the changes in the blood capillaries due to moving on the wrist.

As a daily step Monitor they all fair pretty much the same out there. Build quality on Jawbone has been an issue, the Microsoft band is too clunky, fitbit does not integrate with Apple health app, the list goes on.

My advice is if you are Serious and your heart rate is monitored as part of your daily regime, get a band with a separate hrm strap or a fitness watch which uses straps.

Otherwise it's personal preference really.

I picked the Vivosmart because I can wear it in the shower, the integration with third party apps and a separate hrm strap.

Hope that helps