I just cant snap out of it

Options
Been in such a funk lately and just cant seem to snap out of it! I've lost 56 pounds so far and while im proud of myself i'm just not happy I thought it would be way more noticeable by now and I just dont look like i thought I would... I just hope I can snap out of it soon

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Are you low in vitamin D? In the winter months I often get severely depressed from lack of sun. It really sucks and can totally derail my progress both in the gym and the kitchen.
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
    I am Low in Vitamin D actually but im on vitamin D supplements
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well that's good, but try taking the vitamin with something like olive oil or coconut oil (any fat will do) Most vitamins absorb more efficiently when taken with a lipid. I hope that helps :) And try getting outdoors more if you can - even when its overcast a little daylight and fresh air go a long way
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a few blasts on the sun bed, that can help. Give it a try, do abit of research first if you want
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have lost 40 pounds, but for some reason I feel fatter than ever. I am just chalking it up to my brain having to catch up with my new body. Obviously I have lost weight and have gone down about 3 sizes so I am not as fat as I was, but I still have a way to go.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1) It's the same body, just with a smaller amount of fat.
    2) The brain needs time to catch up.
    3) Most people feel this way - I think - at least I do. We have to accept those facts.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You'll feel even worse if you quit, so keep going!!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    You'll feel even worse if you quit, so keep going!!
    ^^^^^^^This is definitely true!!!!

• Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    56 pounds is am amazing accomplishment!!!!! You should be very proud. Just try and remember how you felt before. It takes a while for our heads to catch up.
    I am yet again working on 50 lbs lol but when I lost it the first time something that would really put it into perspective was lifting a 50 lb bag of dog food into a shopping cart! Lol
    Like WITH I can't even get it into the cart? How did it walk around with this on me for so long ????
    Chin up! You are doing awesome! I would be so excited to be where you are at right now!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I go through cycles where I will engage in self-destructive behavior, primarily drinking far, far too much, every single day, being hung over every morning, and eating everything in sight. Usually there is nothing that anyone else can do to snap me out of this - I just hit a point where a flip gets switched and I suddenly realize I'm disgusted with myself, I feel bloated, and have ridiculous heartburn and I am suddenly ready to get back to my moderate eating and drinking habits. Fortunately, I've noticed in my time on MFP that these cycles tend to get shorter and shorter and the periods of exercising complete control over my eating get longer. I've also noticed that the cycles are usually triggered by family visits (lots of stress, lot's of booze) or other similar situations, so I try to be prepared for those events and have a plan in place to get me immediately back on track afterward.

Very rambling, but I guess what I'm trying to say is you're not along in feeling discouraged or in a funk at times. Just don't let this negativity take control of your life and don't let yourself get derailed. Sometimes all you can do is power through (fake it til you make it). There's no upside to quitting...!
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
    thanks everyone im glad im not the only one who feels like this
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Check out ilostwhat.com for a new perspective on your loss.

(This website was posted on another thread below this one.)
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    I could weigh 100 lbs and probably still feel like a hippo. We have to fight the feeling! Do you have before and after photos that show your progress? I'd look at them! 56 lbs is a lot, lady! :)
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulation's on losing 56lbs that's fantastic.
    We all feel like this from time to time me included , this time of year is hard but we can get through, the spring will arrive soon and we will all feel upbeat again. Hang in there and keep posting you will get support from lots of people. :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Take photos-compare to where you were. Keep at it! 50 lbs is great!
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
    i just really thought i would look way different by now, its noticeable in my face but thats about it
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Check out ilostwhat.com for a new perspective on your loss.

(This website was posted on another thread below this one.)
    Heh.
    bv2wsa4kv3o2.png

And wow OP, 56 pounds is amazing! Great job, keep it up.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. There's no point in giving up (not that you mentioned that, but it can be depressing to work so hard and not see results). Keep working at it. At some point in time, it's going to show--a lot. Try not to get too wrapped up in "nobody noticed" so that you can keep it all about you. YOU are the one you're doing this for. YOU are the one who worked damn hard to get 56 pounds off. Focus on some other aspect of your life while you do this so that your brain can have a break. Keep doing what you're doing, but maybe try to learn something new or take up a new hobby. These winter months are hard on the psyche.

OP, you've done awesome, and I'm sure it shows. Keep up the great progress! :heart:
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
    ive thought about giving up many times! but ive had so many being doubt me i cant let them be right