Does anyone recommend P90X?

Options
I was looking about purchasing this and of course, every fitness program has it's success stories. But I want to hear from those of you that have used it and would you recommend it. Although I do not need to lose weight, I am mainly looking for a program that one can stay dedicated to so I can help my wife meet her health and fitness goal. So I want something we can do together. Any P90X users out there?

Replies

• diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My wife used it for quite a while in Iraq and now in Afghanistan. Her room is 6' x 8' and includes her bed, desk, clothes storage, etc. So you can see that it takes up very little space. She liked it a lot. She hasn't used it for the past couple years because she developed Guillain-Barre's syndrome and she is still limited in how much physical activity she can do.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    P90X (at least the first version) requires a pull up bar (or bands) and dumbbells. It is a good program that when combined with a good eating plan (they offer one of those as well), can produce excellent results. The same can be said for Insanity (also by BeachBody), which doesn’t require any equipment.
  • willbejay
    willbejay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently started P90 and it only requires a fitness band or light dumbbells.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    P90X.......wholeheartedly yes, I would recommend it.
    I have done a majority of the BeachBody workouts, and P90X is hands down the best, most well-rounded program.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If you have the time, then yes, I would recommend it. The workouts range from 60-90 minutes. So if you are willing to put in that amount of time in one sitting, then I say go for it. If you need something that's a little shorter then try P90X3, the original P90X is superior to P90X3, but X3 is still a good series.

I always use resistance bands when weights are called for. I bought a pair of stackable ones off of Amazon for about $30 (Black Mountain is the brand I purchased).

As of now, I can only workout at home for 30-45 minutes before my mind starts to wander. I have no issue going to hour long group classes, but at home I just can't go beyond 45 minutes, so P90X is no longer a good fit for me (I'm currently doing Insanity Max 30).

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm sure you can find it on eBay or Craigslist. But if yo do decide to go through Beachbody, do not feel obligated to buy anything but the dvds. Everything else you can get cheaper elsewhere or it's unnecessary (I'm talking about you Shakeology!)
  • WorkoutWithLaurie
    WorkoutWithLaurie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did p90x years ago and found it to be difficult as a woman. So manny pull ups! About a year ago I did T25 another beachbody program. Each workout is 25 minutes, tough and challenging but doable. I lost 30 pounds.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!
  • onecolbeauty
    onecolbeauty Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I own the T-25 and p90x, and I prefer doing T-25.I really like getting a good sweaty workout in 25 minutes. P90x was hard to me.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I own the T-25 and p90x, and I prefer doing T-25.I really like getting a good sweaty workout in 25 minutes. P90x was hard to me.
    Is T-25 good for losing weight?

• Mscandacens
    Mscandacens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. At one point I was in the gym 5 days a week and I thought I was really working hard. I decided to change it up and started p90x. When I say it was on a totally different level...
    Omg! I worked in a way that I had never worked before and I loved it. If you want a truly intense work out, p90x is a great choice