Trying to lose 180 lbs!

Options
So I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I am on the edge of everything. Prehypertensive, prediabetic, and anemic. I need to lose 180 lbs plus. I would love some advice.

Replies

• shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will add you! I have over a hundred to lose!
  • MaggieKemp17
    Options
    Just take it baby steps at a time! Make your goal of loosing 180lbs into small more manageable pieces, like just cutting out a can of soda a day, or walking around your neiborhood for just ten minutes a day. If you make it into smaller easier goals it will make it easier to achieve your overall goal of loosing 180 lbs. Plus you'll also develope heathy lifestyle choices along the way, a bonus!!
  • BananableLector
    BananableLector Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It will be hard but with the right motivation and support you can do it. I have about 150 to lose and notice I am full of excuses. I just recently bought a fit bit and not only does it act as a step counter but having it on my wrist is a constant reminder that I need to track my calories and not to have that office doughnut.
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I have 191 more to lose and even though it is a daunting task, just taking the first step and getting on here meant the world to me. You can do this! Like others said before, make mini goals and bask in the glory when you hit those. Feel free to add me, if you would like a cheering section. That goes for anyone! :)
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome..First step is to start today. Log your food for the next week and see where you stand with calorie intake. Then start making changes. Start moving a little bit at a time. Set reasonable goals. Do not push yourself hard, you will become discouraged if you do not see results immediately. You will have good days and bad days. You need to be in this for the long haul. Feel free to add me.. I do not have the same amount of weight to lose but I do not think the number matters. We are all struggling whether its is 100lbs or 10lbs. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • marge1946
    marge1946 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me to friends list find it really helps me to be connected with other in the same struggle also 180sounds so big a hill, change that to I have 10lbs to loose and you only have to do that 10 times good luck
  • Sheri6118
    Sheri6118 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose. Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can add me. T2 diabetic, was hypertensive. Have lost 78 pounds to date (9 months into new lifestyle). I am ketogenic and loving it. Still have 36 pounds to go. YOU CAN DO THIS!! But, don't think of this as a time to go on a "DIET". Think of this as a time to decide to change your "lifestyle". People often think about going on a diet to lose weight, attain their goals, then go right back to their old style of eating and gain the weight right back and then you see postings like, "doing this AGAIN". Why again? Decide how you are happy eating (obviously, there has to be some restriction) and then make it the way you will eat for life. Nothing is going to dramatically change for you overnight. You will NOT get it right every day for the rest of your life. Just get it right for most days of the rest of your life. Don't starve yourself, move ALOT (I like bike riding, burns mega calories for little effort and you get to sit on your butt whilst you do it), then move ALOT more and eat some more.....then repeat for the rest of your life. When I fit into my first size 10 pants (from a size 26W Plus size), I knew that I could do this forever. Keto makes it easier and I am now off all diabetes meds with a low/normal blood pressure. I have no disease or illness left. Being med free (I used to inject for the diabetes), has been an awesome motivator. Good luck and we are all here for you.
  • skinimama
    skinimama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose as well. It's not easy. I get easily overwhelmed so I have to do this one pound at a time. You can add me for support!
  • khawlamq
    khawlamq Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it (*) even if it took years, eventually you will reach there!
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on the negative (how much weight you need to lose) and start focus on the positive effects that a healthy lifestyle will have on your health and happiness. Baby steps, like Marge1946 said. You can do it!! One day at a time. Little by little. It will all add up.
    Feel free to add me. I'm the ultimate yo yo dieter but I am telling myself, no more...one day at a time. We CAN do this.
  • jojokmack
    Options
    I am here for anyone who wants an active MFP friend. I have logged for over 220 days. I don't have an awful lot to lose now as I started my journey over 6 months ago, but if you are after support I am here. :smile: xxx
  • Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Make lifestyle changes that you can maintain forever. Shows like the biggest loser show a lifestyle that is not sustainable forever - who has 6 hours per day to work out. For me, the big one is to not eat after 8pm and my exercise is riding my stationary bike while watching TV, those are two things I can maintain forever. I also weigh myself everyday - that keeps me accountable to me.

Start small, celebrate the tiny victories. Even a 0.2 pound weight loss is a great victory! Welcome to the journey.