Paleo/Primal friends?

Options
Really interested in having some fellow Paleo/Primal friends here.

About myself...
I have quite a lot of weight to lose, but my #1 goal is to be as healthy as possible. I'm working to overcome several diseases & chronic reactivating viruses, adrenal fatigue, PCOS and pre-diabetes, severe hormonal imbalances, IBS & chronic gastritis, vitamin & mineral deficiencies, toxic mold poisoning, etc.

I'm 27, disabled and am so committed to my health. This summer I decided to get off all my treatment and get back to using food as medicine (along with some supplementation).

I'm in a process of deep healing spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally.

It would be really great to have some friends who are here not only to lose weight but also to genuinely heal and live the healthiest life they can. I got off a year of aggressive antibiotic treatment on June 2nd. I have lost over 44 lbs so far and this is the first summer that I've spent being able to walk, stand and stay active in my kitchen in years. I'm really hopeful for the future.

Please feel free to add me if you'd like. I've been doing this on my own and it's just nice to be surrounded by other people who share similar goals :)

- Nichele

Replies

• RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichele,

I am just starting out the Primal journey. I'm grain-free for 5 days and slowly putting the rest into action as I clean my fridge out of all the processed meats that are still in there. I've really enjoyed the addition of all the vegetables into my daily diet. I went shopping this weekend at a farmer's market and LOVE the variety that's being thrown into stirfries. I've also been eating fish more and I feel so much lighter, even though my belly feels fuller. Strange, that my concept of food is changing by doing this - I am really loving that I can EAT and not worry about the fat - and I am seeing results. 5 days in, and I feel good. I've lost 2 lbs. and I don't feel bloated.

Last night, I had my first sugar craving though. It was silly, darn commercial on tv with a frosted cupcake - and, all of a sudden ALL I wanted was sugar. So, I had a yogurt and that mitigated the need for more.

This morning, I did my second cut - and am reducing my intake of flavored coffee creamers. I noticed last week that after my decaf coffee, I'd suddenly feel exhausted - and I know that the sugary creamer is doing it. (darn, because I really love that cup in the morning...) so, I'm drinking water today only, and feeling much more awake without it.

I'd love to friend others in the Primal/Paleo group. so, Friend me. :)

-Rose
  • Octtwins11
    Octtwins11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've recently started with the paleo diet. I would like to have more friends that share that same interest. I am looking to lose weight, but also to get healthy. I want to feel better about myself. I've started including more vegetables to my diet. I like fruits, but I limit those. Octtwins11
  • Reclamation52
    Reclamation52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been weaning off for the last two months, bit the bullet last week and went total conversion. I'm on it for health reasons but i could stand to lose 15 lbs. I've never been so full on a diet. I'm able to stay within a reasonable calorie limit 12-1500 depending on exercise without any problems, thought paleo doesn't really focus on calories. I've lost about four pounds in one week. But best of all, my belly doesn't hurt anymore and my chronic joint pain is down from about a level 7 to a level 4. Thats huge in my world. I'm having to relearn how to actually cook and getting enough protien has been a challenge. I'm actually more challenged my getting enough meat than eliminating other food. What I love though is I get to eat all the fat I've been limiting myself most my life. Love avacados. They make everything taste better.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HI! I would love to be friends!!! I follow a paleo & ketogenic way of eating. I started Paleo in the spring, fell off for a couple months then get on keto in july. I make almost all of the meals/food we eat from clean sources and have loads of grain free, dairy free (I can't do dairy, some can!) gluten free, sugar free recipes that DO have loads of flavor!!!! Great job taking control of your health!!!!
  • KatieMcCakes
    KatieMcCakes Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are very inspired- Good luck with your fitness and healing journey! FR sent. ;)
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    my personal trainer asked me to follow paleo too... starting this week! so far so good... hope the sweet tooth wont come back too fast...
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ComingUntrue: I'd recommend you read The Wahl's Protocol (if you haven't already) or at least check her out. Lots of information for using Paleo/Primal eating as a way to heal. Best of luck!
  • czeslovski
    Options
    I've been paleo/primal for over a year. I started healing my autoimmune issues through AIP and I went from being in constant pain to lifting heavy weights and doing CrossFit. I'm still adressing some adrenal/hormonal/thyroid issues, but I feel so much healthier. I'm on my third Whole30 now. Feel free to add me! :)
  • guhlima86
    Options
    Paleo/Primal as possible, and Crossfitter.
    Doing a low carb diet since few weeks.
    Whats up!?
  • creasys_bean2011
    creasys_bean2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Currently on aip to heal my leaky gut. 25 days in... I could use support and friends.
    This isn't easy! But so far I've felt amazing and I'm down 4 inches in my waist and 12.5 pounds!!!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i've been eating a modified paleo diet for the last 18months approx...
    Since i was diag with MS

Ive had amazing results..

so far i've lost:

110+lb (54kg) on the scales, 13in (33cm) off my waist and 18 points off my BMI (i'm now officially in the healthy range)

but here is the best part

-> 80% of my brain lesions no longer showing on MRI
    -> Fibro Pain GONE ( had my 1st deep tissue massage yesterday - and loved it)
    -> Fatigue GONE - I am easily doing an hour of exerciser before work every day

I'm proof you can heal yourself with FOOD!!

and I'm always happy to share with others - add me to see my diary (395 days streak of logging)

• JunesMommy
    Options
    Hi! I've been eating AIP for nearly 2 months and am having amazing results! 16 lbs. lost, psoriasis clearing up, my hair is healthier than ever! Would love to get connected with others. :)