Let's see your weigh loss graphs!

Options
rayrayfitz
rayrayfitz Posts: 80 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
There's a lot of negative posts on this section, mine included, we all have struggles and need help. But sometimes I only focus on the negative. xn42581an44d.jpg
Sometimes we lose sight and forget how well we have done. Forget to acknowledge how far and hard this journey is.. If we show our graphs it can also be a source of encouragement for new people, they can see how much, how long and more importantly those ups and downs most of us go through - often more than once.

Anyway here's my graph that covers a year, which is how long I've been doing MFP. I've cropped it so you can't see my weight -_- but I've lost 3 1/2,stone (UK) that's 49lb (US) I STILL have about 5 stone to lose. But as you can see it hasn't been plain sailing, I did great for the first six months, and it's been a struggle ever since.

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! We definitely need some positivity up in here. Congrats on your almost 50 pound loss!

Mine doesn't tell the whole story--I lost 20 pounds pre-MFP and joined because I thought I was plateauing (my loss has slowed to a pound or less a week)

h104x0nmlx34.png
  • rayrayfitz
    Options
    Wow what a neat graph! I'm almost jealous! Mine has more than a few peaks! :-) x
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Started 1 June last year which is the top-most weight
    Hit goal yesterday
    571gc52f8ff2.jpg

This is the last 2 months ...I now track daily..love those maddening fluctuations..one is clearly christmas jollities, the other just hormonal

mz23urrerou6.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I like trendweight.com best though ...the black dots are actual scale readings and really show the way my weight loss is stalls and seeming gains and whooshes ...when the trend line evens it all out

dw5p0matb5vw.jpg
  • rayrayfitz
    Options
    Well done on reaching goal. That's amazing.. Love the trend weight, I might look I to that! X
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    pbqpqttkh2n1.jpg

The long periods of time with no weight loss are when I'm at school and don't have access to a scale except at the gym. The last time I weighed myself was at the gym at the end of the day with my shoes on, so I'm sure I'm actually a few pounds less.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    rayrayfitz wrote: »
    Well done on reaching goal. That's amazing.. Love the trend weight, I might look I to that! X

Thank you ..trendweight only works if you have a fitbit / aria scale but there are similar apps like happy scale etc that give you the same info
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Wow what a neat graph! I'm almost jealous! Mine has more than a few peaks! :-) x

There are no peaks because I only record lows. I don't ever eat at or over maintenance (well, I did over Christmas, that's the flat line), so anything I gain is going to be water. Otherwise there would be a huge spike once a month!
  • rayrayfitz
    Options

There are no peaks because I only record lows. I don't ever eat at or over maintenance (well, I did over Christmas, that's the flat line), so anything I gain is going to be water. Otherwise there would be a huge spike once a month!

Why haven't i ever thought of just doing that -_- I always track gains wish I hadn't now though, my graph would be a lovely gentle curve! X
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    success-graph-demetri-martin-squiggly-line.png
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    93aji0flxn9f.png

And the data extraction and trending tool I developed. It will provide your trend weight directly form your data here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-data-export-tool-the-overview-659927

TDEE_calc.jpg

• Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here's mine. It only goes back 6 months as that's how long I've been on MFP. I lost 4st 9lbs in the 6 months prior to this giving a total of 5st 13lbs (83lbs) altogether. I think it's easy to see when I went on holiday, when my birthday is and when Christmas was!
    u84zcjkzjcra.jpg
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I just have a baby graph, and it doesn't reflect the weight lost before I rejoined MFP, but, here goes

tw9nf1nrd2k5.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm too blonde to figure out how to do this!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I started last January at 202.5 but MFP only graphs as far back as one year. I have another graph in a Google doc but it doesn't work on my phone. Anyway, I've gone from 202.5 to 149.3 with ups and downs along the way.

Screenshot_2015-02-07-10-01-57_zps4ohqv9db.png
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    5z1a15.jpg

My overall graph. The steep gains over the past year were due to using pretty poor coping skills to deal with the stress from a new job.

The rapid nose-dive at the very end is where I finally decided to get my *kitten* together again. I won't have a loss this week because of superbowl weekend, but I know it'll keep heading down.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    SW: 282, CW: 217.8 or so and started like 6 1/2 months ago. :) So this chart doesn't have ALL my info on it but it's close enough time-wise.

pyavciet1qx5.png
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I'm too blonde to figure out how to do this!

Well, my hair is currently lavender, but ditto.