What if i am still hungry??

Options
I am trying to eat within 1200 calories. what should i eat to stay fuller longer. its 430pm and i am feeling hungry already. i want to save my dinner closer to 530pm. what snacks are good in between?

please help with my hunger!

Replies

• cookiepuss28
    Options
    Fiber rich fruits and vegetables should do the trick....... For me personally, eating an apple will usually hold me over until dinner. :)
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    Try a handful of almonds.
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Celery is always a good one. Very low in calories. Any veggies that are low in calories would be a good snack like cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower etc. And drink lots of water.
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I drink lots and lots of water and try to stock up on fiber and/or protein since they keep you fuller longer. I like hummus and sugar snap peas, oatmeal, tuna, etc. Oh, and it's a mental thing (Like you're not really hungry but want a snack), eat a serving of Whole Grain Cheerios. They're yummy! It's hard to cut calories but you'll get more used to it.
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Choose high fiber, complex carb foods, lean proteins. lowfat diary and make sure you are getting enough good fat.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    My answer is generally veggies. Raw zucchini spears with a little salt and pepper are VERY filling, and few calories. Or I'll eat a tomato with a dash of pepper. I generally keep a bowl of diced tomato, cucumber, onion, cillantro and peppers in the fridge to snack on as a salad when I get hungry between meals. Carrot sticks are great, too.

If I'm being lazy, I'll have some "100 calorie" packages of different things laying around.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    All of these tips are good ones, but there is an important distinction to be made here, 1200 calories should be your MINIMUM calorie intake. Virtually no adult woman should be eating less than that except for medical reasons. So when you say you're trying to stay "within" 1200 calories, do you mean you're trying to eat right up to 1200?

High-fiber, low sugar carbs, mixed with a little protein will go a long way. Protein will sustain you but only if you have some carbs with it. Fat, while higher in calories is also important, both in utilizing nutrients and helping you feel satisfied.

How much are you exercising? Are you eating those calories, too?
  • ibelieveinlove7
    ibelieveinlove7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Since I am bad about getting my water intake for the day, when I am still hungry after lunch I just start drinking lots of water! I also ALWAYS go over my 1200 calories, but water does help curb the hunger pains :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Protein really helps me with afternoon hunger. A string cheese and a piece of fruit is great!
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    Options
    Bump!
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks everyone for advices. Really helps!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I usually will grab some string cheese, about 90 calories...and can hold me over. Or a piece of fruit. I did the 1200 calories for about 8 months and you really do get use to it and not feel as hungry.