February 2015 Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am looking forward to seeing if this helps.

Name:Allison
    Height:5'7"
    Start weight (1st Feb):166 (1/31)
    Goal weight (1st March):163
    2015 goal weight 150

Weigh ins: on Saturday

1st Feb: 166
    8th Feb: 164
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: 2#
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: 2#

Struggles/successes this week: That is a very large drop for me - but it has been there for a few days. So that is definitely my success- though I don't seem to trust that it is real. My struggles - well my plantar fasciitis has been worse again this week, making my workouts painful and so of course less lengthy. I have signed up for my first 5K of the year for next Saturday and I am hoping to complete it without any walking and in the 30-32 minute range. I have an inlaw anniversary dinner tonight - but I think I can stay at least mostly within my calorie plan. I have been struggling more with ?hunger? or perhaps just snacking boredom issues lately.

• SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Name: Sue
    Height: 5'4"
    Start weight (1st Feb): 211.0
    Goal weight (1st March): 206
    Weigh ins:
    1st Feb: 211.0
    7th Feb: 210.8
    14th Feb:
    21st Feb:
    28th Feb:
    Weight loss/gain this week: .2
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: .2
    Struggles/successes this week: No exercise

39012669.png
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Name: Dave
    Height: 6'6"
    Start Weight (1st Feb): 261
    Goal Weight (1st Mar): 257

1st Feb: 261
    7th Feb: 258
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -3 lbs.
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -3 lbs.

Struggles/successes this week: Still losing a pound every 2 days since January 1st, I am trying to slow the process down to a reasonable level of a pound a week. I need to increase my caloric intake to make this happen.
  • debbie1976
    debbie1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name:Deb
    Height:5'8"
    Start weight (1st Feb): 145.2
    Goal weight (1st March):140

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:145.2
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week:
    Weight loss/gain so far this month:

Struggles/successes this week: I am joining a week late! Have been a MFP member for almost 4 years- lost 28 lbs. but have been slowly gaining them back in the last 6 months. Need help and motivation!!!
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    linzee32 wrote: »
    linzee32 wrote: »
    Name: Lindsay
    Height: 6'0
    Start weight (1st Feb): 293.4
    Goal weight (1st March): 280

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 293.4
    8th Feb: 291.8
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -1.6
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -1.6

Struggles/successes this week: I didn't do my normal walking because I was traveling for work. I was limited with healthy meal options on the road.

• summernimz
    summernimz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Name: Summer
    Height:5'7"
    Start weight (1st Feb):165.6
    Goal weight (1st March):159

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:165.6
    8th Feb: 162.3
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week:-3.3
    Weight loss/gain so far this month:-3.3

Struggles/successes this week: I was really pleased with how this week went. My biggest issue coming into this month is snacking during the day. I drastically cut back and clearly saw the results. I'm hoping to continue in the coming week.
  • fitzg126
    Options
    Name: Erin
    Height:5'3"
    Start weight (1st Feb):227.6
    Goal weight (1st March):221.4

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:227.6
    8th Feb: 226.6
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week:-1.0
    Weight loss/gain so far this month:-1.0

Struggles/successes this week: struggles: remembering to log the little things, like craisins on my salad, etc. success: I did NOT order pizza last night after work (Friday). I've never been so happy to have eaten at home/cooked on a Friday night. Hope to keep it going!!
  • mjm128
    mjm128 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Name: Maria
    Height: 5'8
    Start weight (1st Feb): 206.4
    Goal weight (1st March):198

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 206.4
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Struggles/successes this week:

Success: I just got back into running after a foot injury and surprised myself that I was able to do 5 miles at 11:20 minute/mile. I really thought it was going to take longer for me to get back up to that mileage.

Struggles: I am currently on an antidepressant, and I feel like it is really slowing down my weight loss. When I was not on the medication, I was able to consistently lose 2 lbs every week when I put in the work. Now it seems like I struggle for 1 lbs and I am yo-yoing between 210 and 206. I am also sure that the medicine contributed to my 40 lbs of weight gain. While I understand that the medicine itself does not make you gain weight, it really seemed to increase my appetite. Before medication my all time high was 170 lbs. On medication all time high was 220 lbs.

• duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Name: Christina
    Height: 5'5
    Start weight (1st Feb):102.8
    Goal weight (1st March): 98.0 kg

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:102.8
    8th Feb: 102.2
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -0.6 kg
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -0.6 kg

Successes this week: I turned down some lovely goodies at work - cakes, homemade chocolates, lollies, cake pops, etc. and I just didn't want them. No matter how lovely they smelled, all I could think of is how crappy I would feel from the dairy/wheat in them. I seriously wasn't even tempted. My eczema is also officially gone (no where on my body!) and my GI tract is starting to resemble a normal one thanks to my diet change. I seriously feel so much better now that I'm not sick all the time.

My pants have also started to loosen, I'm no longer pushing a size 22 or even fitting squarely into a size 20. My size 20 pants need a belt now, and that feels good. I really want to drop back into a size 18 by the end of this month.

Struggles: I'm having a hard time doing all the exercises I want. My PT gave me some that really works my legs out, making it hard to get up and walk the puppy. It's getting easier, but it's still a struggle. I'm also have a hard time getting all the house work done, but fortunately the new diet is helping my husband's fatigue issues too so he's actually been able to help out a lot more.

Another big struggle is we're very poor this week as in I made dog food from scratch because we couldn't buy the puppy food. Because of this it's been a bit hard getting all the greens I need/want and I'm having trouble eating the frozen stuff because I'm just so sick of it. I'm getting enough veggies, but I'm really resenting them... especially the green beans. Yuck!:s Anyone know of a good recipe with frozen beans, peas, spinach and/ or broccoli?
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Christina, we eat a lot of frozen veggies here too. Soup, curries, and veg fried rice are great ways to eat them :)
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying these challenges for weight & miles. They are helping me to stay motivated - even though Jan didn't go great on the weight loss I started exercising again and sticking w/it as I wanted to post my miles/steps. Very proud of myself so Feb will be a good month.
    Name: Donna
    Height: 5'2"
    Start weight (1st Feb):161.5 - (started in Nov at 174)
    Goal weight (1st March):155 - (Big target 140-135 - 135 would finally put me in the healthy BMI group. I haven't weighed that in 38 yrs but you never know)

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:160
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

• ptargino
    ptargino Posts: 50 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Name: Philippe
    Height: 6'3" / 1.90m
    Start weight (1st Feb): 212.5lbs / 96.4kg
    Goal weight (1st March): 205lbs / 93kg

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 212.5lbs / 96.4kg
    8th Feb: 208.3lbs / 94.5kg
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: 4.2lbs / 1.9kg
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: 4.2lbs / 1.9kg

Struggles/successes this week: As I'm entering my 4th month losing weight, things now are way easier to manage. I can indulge myself from time to time without feeling guilty about it, like I did at the beginning. Yesterday I ate 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and didn't even care. I think now I can safely say that I stopped dieting and changed my habits. This means that this change is for life :)
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Name: Sonia
    Height: 5'2" = 157cm
    Start weight (1st Feb): 87.2 kg which is 192 lb
    Goal weight (1st March):84 kg which is 185 lb

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 87.2 (192)
    8th Feb:85.5 (188)
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: OMG 1.7 kg but got my period last week so some of that was water
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: 1.7 kg

Struggles/successes last week: not getting demoralised by random and undeserved weight fluctuation (i.e. gains)
    Thoughts this week - SO now this is a lesson to me - I had been so disappointed because I had been doing so well with documenting all my food, exercise, eating far less than I was 'supposed' to, and I got stuck bouncing around 87 kg for a couple of weeks. Now I can really see that i just needed to trust in the process and keep going. I did have one day when I ate too much and didn't document it because I was so annoyed.

On the one hand this is an argument against weighing every day and on the other hand I really need that to stay on track.

So far I have lost 4.5 kg (10lb) in 40 days but I am calorie restricting too much according to MFP
  • kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kab789 wrote: »
    Count me in too

Name:Kim
    Height:5'1"
    Start weight (1st Feb):207.5
    Goal weight (1st March):201.5

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:207.5
    7th Feb:205.5
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -2
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -2

• christos2
    christos2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name: Chris
    Height: 178cm
    Start weight (1st Feb):100.7 kg
    Goal weight (1st March): 96.7 kg

Weigh ins:

Jan 29: 100.7 kg
    1st Feb:100.3 kg
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -0.4 kg
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -0.4 kg

Struggles/successes this week: had an overnight trip for work and a date night with my wife last week, glad that the scales are in the negative because I didn't think I was going to be. This week I have a conference interstate, I think I will tell them I'm on Feb Fast so I can't drink... Otherwise I will drink my weekly cals in booze over the 2 nights I'm away. Hope I can resist.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    Start weight (1st Feb): 105.1 kg
    Goal weight (1st March): 103.1 kg

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 105.1 kg
    8th Feb: 104.4 kg
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: 0.7 kg loss
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: 0.7 kg loss

Struggles/successes this week: I met my exercise goals this week! :D And managed to eat pretty okay!
  • Wiccandothis
    Wiccandothis Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Name: Tracy
    Height: 5'5
    Start weight (1st Feb): 296.0
    Goal weight (1st March): 290.0

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 296.0
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: Nothing so far...I've been bouncing between 2 pounds for a few days now.
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: I have lost almost 10 pounds during the month of January. Yay me!

Struggles/successes this week: I'm struggling to stay on track...at least 4 days a week for at least 20 minutes a day. I need motivation buddies to help keep me in check.
  • Kandrapitcher
    Kandrapitcher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Name: Kandra
    Height:4'9"
    Start weight (1st Feb):107.5
    Goal weight (1st March):105.00

Weigh ins:

1st Feb:107.5
    8th Feb:
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Struggles/successes this week: A couple times didn't get to workout as long as I wanted. A cupcake also was staring me down and it convinced me that I needed to eat it. This put me into the maintaining weight area instead of losing weight area.

I hope people join in!!!
  • loves_sparkles
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to take part too. I do t25 from home. I let myself slip a bit so want to lose 1 stone to get back to myself.

Name : Rhu
    Height : 5'6"
    Current : 148lbs
    Goal : 138lbs

1 Feb : 148lbs
    8 Feb: 147lbs
    15 Feb:
    22 Feb

Looking forward to being accountable :wink:

• silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Name: Silverbeam
    Height: 6ft
    Start weight (1st Feb): 181lbs
    Goal weight (1st March): 175lbs

Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 181
    8th Feb: 178
    15th Feb:
    22nd Feb:
    1st March:

Weight loss/gain this week: -3
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: -3

Struggles/successes this week: Haven't managed to work out. Massive loss :)