I like to party.

Options
Hi guys, im still a party goer and i was wondering whats the best alcoholic drink to consume with the fewest calories/ carbs. Doesnt matter if its beer/liquor. One more thing, i heard that a beer after weightlifting is good for you because its high in carbs so it replenishes your body alittle bit.

Can anyone approve or disprove this statement?

~~I love drinking and it will be my downfall

Replies

• Tic_Tac_Toe
    Tic_Tac_Toe Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't really party, but I still like to drink with my husband at home. We've cut out all beer and have been sticking to mixed drinks, such as rum and diet coke. If anyone has any other suggestions I want to hear too!
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    I don't really party, but I still like to drink with my husband at home. We've cut out all beer and have been sticking to mixed drinks, such as rum and diet coke. If anyone has any other suggestions I want to hear too!

I did the rum and Diet Coke 3 years ago and it did help me lose weight but I eventually became tolerant to this drink. I recently have stuck with Bud Select 55 since I found out my preferred drink of 1 Whiskey and Coke Zero = 3 1/2 Bud Select beers, yikes!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, Guinness has 99 calories and tastes YUMMY!
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, im still a party goer and i was wondering whats the best alcoholic drink to consume with the fewest calories/ carbs. Doesnt matter if its beer/liquor. One more thing, i heard that a beer after weightlifting is good for you because its high in carbs so it replenishes your body alittle bit.

Can anyone approve or disprove this statement?

~~I love drinking and it will be my downfall

Oh lord I hope that's not true.....the last thing I need is another reason to drink beer :)

I'm a big fan of vodka and seltzer.
  • lauralwilson
    Options
    vodka is low in calories vanila vodka and diet is good - although mixing vodka and crystal light is good in the summer - you can use any of the flavored vodkas - in general they are no higher in calories - also bacardi light rum is low in calories
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Water + a squeeze of lime or bud select 55.
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I myself love my "cocktail" that is 1 1/2 fl oz of 80 proof vodka/ then mix in about a Tbls any Sugar Free Torani/DeVinci syrup of your choice..my personal fav is the Watermelon..its a perfect cocktail
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic with a squeeze of lime is what I am drinking or Michelob Ultra.
  • sparky1514117
    sparky1514117 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too like my alcohol, I was drinking Bud Light Select 55 for a while, but have recently switched to Michelob Ultra.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I only drink 3-4 times a month and when I do it's when I'm out with girlfriends. I don't usually worry about my calories from it though cause I know I'm just gonna dance it all off as I'm drinking it! LOL
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    If you really like to party AND want to lose weight, ditch the alcohol and add cocaine.

*(this was obviously not serious)
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HA!!!!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you really like to party AND want to lose weight, ditch the alcohol and add cocaine.

*(this was obviously not serious)

- Darn, too late!
  • tango232
    tango232 Posts: 8
    Options
    lol yeah i wanna get skinny n party, but i dont wanna become broke in the long run ha, thanks guys, sounds like im gonna be switching to liquor, probably the rum and vodka
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    What is this "vodka + water" stuff? Just drink it out of the bottle :P
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hahaha way more expensive than alcohol :)
    Vodka and water is always refreshing and good with a bit of lime. Heard the same thing about having a beer after a stressful workout. I'll take any excuse to drink more.
    Anyone else here eat less so you can drink more? Perhaps I"m revealing too much