Nutribullet

Options
mucirl
mucirl Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hello myfitnesspal friends

I am thinking of getting a Nutribullet . Just for a variation for breakfast. I eat a lot of fruit .

Have any of ye had experience with one. Is it something you buy use for 2 weeks and then it takes up space in you cupboard for the next 5 years. ( I have a lot of those things :D )

Are they robust? I am not the most careful of people.

Thanks

M

Replies

• Gillian00louise
    Gillian00louise Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. Had it 6 weeks and use it everyday. I don't always want to eat a plate of veggies, but blend into a drink is ideal
  • heyhey2015
    heyhey2015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Didn't get the expensive one, but I love the convenience of blending in the cup. Use it all the time.
  • motivator1977
    motivator1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have issues with greens. Most come out pulpy. How do I avoid this?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have had my Nutribullet for almost a year, and I use it often, would love to use it every day, but there's so much I want/need to eat, and I'm small :p I have only used it for sweet/fruity smoothies, based on banana/pakistani mango, some sour fruit/berry, milk and maybe yogurt, or, banana/peanut butter/cocoa/milk(yoghurt). I munch through four lbs of raw vegetables per week, and use the immersion blender on vegetables in soups, so I don't see the need for green smoothies o:) What I recently learned - I'm slow - is that all ingredients need to be soft; they can be slightly frozen, but not firm, initially, that will produce a grainy texture. And don't just mix anything - use one base fruit + 1 of a distinct flavor; strawberries or blueberries are good, whereas neither pits nor flavor of blackberries and raspberries make them suitable for smoothies.

The blade can withstand anything. But the cup I use most is visibly worn. What I like most is that it is quite easy to clean the blade under the tap; my immersion blender is too long, making it cumbersome. Make sure the gasket is fastened well before use :p

OK, this is my experience. But however you choose to use it, you can't go wrong with a Nutribullet <3
  • fmalam
    Options
    I love the nutribullet. It makes my breakfast so easy. I take a cup of almond milk, half cup of fresh frozen spinach (or any other green), half cup of frozen berries, some protein powder and 1 tbsp. of peanut butter. Instant filling breakfast low in calories and lasts several hours. you can play around with the ingredients, but I use it several days a week for the past 2 years.
  • tommyb1997
    tommyb1997 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great machine I krush up 3500kcals in this baby every day I use it to mix my protein shakes with oats and peanut butter it's an absolute monster
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I made smoothies in an old fashioned blender for eons before finally getting one. I like it so much better! I'd say either hubs or I have a smoothie every day. His are more fruit based, mine tend to be heavier on the greens.
  • mucirl
    mucirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feed back . I will probable invest.
  • tamdesgal
    tamdesgal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet too, it is a great quick way to get your fruits and veggies in your day. I bought a bag of the dole mixed fruit take a cup of that and a cup and half of almond breeze coconut milk. It is delicious, I have that in the morning when I am in a hurry.
    I would definitely recommend the nutribullet, oh and they have these nutritional packs that had Chia seed, tumeric, etc and it seems to keep me full longer when I put 2 teaspoons in it.

Good luck!