I need your support and encouragent this week.Giving up brea

Options
That's right people this week I am not eating bread or drinking fizzy pop or soda. I managed to go last week without bread and so now am extending it to this week. The bread I Icould manage but no soft fizzies might prove quite challenging. I love sprite and have to have one nearly every other day. I think if I can manage without it for a week,it might help my brain realise that I don't actually need it,it's just an unhealthy naughty craving. I'm a huge fan of slightly sugary energy drinks like powerade which I often try to substitute for my fizz.

Anyone modifying anything for a week ?

I tried the no chocolate for a week once and found that 3 months later I still hadn't touched it. Wonder if it'll happen for the fizz. i hope I find a healthy alternative.

could use some advice and encouragement with this mammoth task.

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe try sparkling water as a substitute? I love sparkling water with a wedge of lime squeezed into it.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, you can do it!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Okay....I am in with ya cause actually I was just telling me daughter I wasn't going to drink any diet coke this week...which is the only soda I drink.
    SO, no diet coke for me, no fizzy anything for you! Deal?
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I hate normal sparkling water... it just tastes kind of bitter to me. But *I think it is Walmart* makes a varied type of flavored sparkling water. No cals, no sugar, very very little sodium if any, and it tastes fruity and sweet.

Definitely not a soda, and with no caffeine it won't give you an energy buzz, but sometimes it is enough to trick my buds and keeps me from drinking the bad stuff.

Good luck! I have given up bread for a couple of months before and it isn't easy, but it certainly is healthy if you get your carbs in elsewhere. :)
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    8 years ago I stopped drinking alcohol cold turkey. I would drink 12 cans a day at least. I gave up that addiction for another one, PEPSI...Gained a ton of weight not to mention my poor teeth... I would drink at least 7 or 8 cans of Pepsi a day until 5 days ago when I stopped cold turkey . I made a pledge to myself that I AM going to loose weight and have the bi-pass(weight loss) operation in a few months...
    I have faith in you..If I can stop Pepsi and NOT kill my husband I'm sure you can do it...

Set your mind to do it!!! And GREAT things will happen..
  • LilySzalay
    LilySzalay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have learned to actually enjoy drinking plain water.

For the times that I need the fizz, I've used seltzer water. Our store sells their brand that contains some flavoring. Zero calories, zero sodium. I still think water is better, perhaps the seltzer will help get you through the need for fizz.

Good luck and continued success with your journey.
    :smile:
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, you can do it!

Thank you...I sure will try.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    So day one is over and thankfully no fizz but was sorely tempted on the bread front....so i had ice-cream instead.
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    My nutritionist said for my blood type (this is a bit of voodoo to me) said give up break. I am working on that, I ate lettuce for sandwich bread. I was extremely hungry after that, so I am working on that process.

I drank 3 diet cokes a day, sometimes more. four weeks ago, I gave it up. I will drink one or two a week. In fact, I have thought about getting one lately and I just get water. I realized I was seeking water. The caffiene, I replaced with tea.

So, how did you give up the bread?