Sucks being the newbie

Options
misslashon
misslashon Posts: 22 Member
Hi, im Lashon. I've been using MFP for almost a week now. I've already lost approx 8 lbs.

Looking forward to meeting new people and losing more weight! :D

Replies

• beautifulbones96
    Options
    haha totally, hope to find some encouraging people out there.. i will defiantly help you in anyway i can:)
  • Lucky79z28
    Lucky79z28 Posts: 31
    Options
    8 ilbs in just a couple of weeks is GREAT! Good job!
  • LetzgoOU
    LetzgoOU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm the same way. I have been using it for a week and lost 8 pounds! Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    HI im a newbie tooo and i understand your pain! I'll add you and be here to support good job on the 8lbs keep it up!!
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    WOW good job to you too!!!

6768054.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hey, we were all newbies at one point...remember that! You'll be settled in, in no time x

Congrats on your loss so far!....Fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • cherrypeel
    cherrypeel Posts: 1
    Options
    newbie here! started today, hehe. i'm terrible at keeping up with these things, will need all the motivation i can get...
  • mikp6
    mikp6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah!!!
  • katiedawber12
    Options
    I'm also a newbie.

Well done to you, I started it today.

How did you manage to lose 8 in one week thats brill. x
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have only been on a couple of weeks too you can add me as a friend if you would like. I have lost 5 lbs good job on the 8 :)
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Remember that the 1st few weeks you will drop weight quickly. I lost 11 pounds in 10 days just by not drinking soda and avoiding candy. It will slow down once your body is used to the right food.

Good luck!!
  • laurad78
    laurad78 Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree about being the newbie I just started today I lost 100 pounds last year but kinda hit a wall this year so i figured I would try this site. I love how it shows how much you should lose with your diet. Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow 8lbs well done!!!
    I have only been here a couple of weeks and feel like a super newbie because not only am i new to MFP, anything like this in the past i have done, ive never really done the whole profile, message boards etc, so the social support bit of dieting is very new to me.

I hope you find this place useful, i do already :)
    all the best with reaching your goal, be very proud of yourself for the great start!
  • misslashon
    misslashon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I lost 8 lbs by increasing my water intake, joined a gym 3 weeks ago and I do 60 mins each visit 3-4x a week doing both cardio and strength training. I JUST started watching my calories when I discovered the MFP app almost a week ago.
  • BeanieB21
    BeanieB21 Posts: 31
    Options
    i only joined yesterday, but ive lost 1.5lbs as of this time last week:)

8lbs is amazing!!!
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss,
    Im new too been on a few weeks but just couldnt get used to logging on...however now im here to stay!
    feel free to add me (that goes for anyone):smile:
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have been doing a fantatsic job so far...keep it up :)
    Friend request sent....