84g of sugar

Options
2»

Replies

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    just logged all my food from today and found I ate 84g of sugar !!! I feel disgusting and bloated and can almost feel the weight piling on! Help???! :s:'(

Sugar isn't bad, just make sure you consume plenty of fibre as well.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    loverpie wrote: »
    if your goal is to lose weight, just cut back on unnecessary sugars. Carbs bring in lots of that sugar. So cut back on fruit and processed foods.

LOL NO …

geez...

Why no??????

If the goal is to lose weight, then the OP obviously need to be in a deficit. Excess sugar is Unnecessary - unless of course you are ignorant enough to believe that the body needs more than 84g of dietary sugar per day??

Geez!

why would OP cut back on fruit? Are you saying that is bad now?

maybe you should read through stuff before you decide to wk stuff.

the point is OP can eat 84 grams of sugar, be in deficit, and lose weight. < unless you are disputing that too???

So you can eat all the fruit you want and still be in a calorie deficit???

I think it's you that needs to read through stuff - I asked 'are you ignorant enough to believe the body needs more than 84g of dietary sugar per day?'

As long as someone stays in a calorie deficit they can eat there whole calorie allowance in sugar and still lose weight.

If someone is looking to cut cals, why not cut back on unneeded sugar?
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pshh... is that supposed to be a lot? I eat twice that (often times more than that) daily and I still manage to lose weight. It's all about calories in vs. calories out. Get over it - the weight is not piling on from 84 grams of sugar.
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @ Loverpie Cut back on fruit???

I respect that is your opinion however I disagree with it. Fruit = natural sugar as opposed to added sugar in soda drinks, bread, milk chocolate, sauces such as tomato, barbecue etc., the list is endless

Fruit offers not only natural sugar but fiber and lots of vitamins our bodies need. So for a healthy balanced diet it is recommended to cut back on those foods with added processed sugar and increase the fruit and veg. Everything in moderation is key well that is my personal belief.

http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2011/02/the-truth-about-sugars-in-fruit/

http://authoritynutrition.com/is-fruit-good-or-bad-for-your-health/

To the OP Eve if you are serious about losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle knowledge is key. On these forums you will get different opinions on what is good/bad and it can be overwhelming and hard to figure out fact from fiction. So I would recommend that you consider booking an appointment with a nutritionist and together come up with a plan for your weight loss. Have a list of questions/concerns ready and go through them together. This might help give you a more balanced view of food and its effects. If that is not possible maybe book an appointment with your GP, he/she might be able to offer you some help and support.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. :smiley:

• miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, OP? I'd say that is pretty average consumption if you were about my hight (5'9"). Sorry you feel bloated :neutral_face: If you often feel horrible after eating, that would definitely be worth looking into! Food can really effect your state of mind, skin, hormones, pretty much everything.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    just logged all my food from today and found I ate 84g of sugar !!! I feel disgusting and bloated and can almost feel the weight piling on! Help???! :s:'(

hcjnj.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Two glasses of low fat lactose free milk & two bananas puts me at 56 for the day without counting what ever else I may eat. I keep track of sugar because I am prediabetic and have another health condition that means I have to keep my fructose intake lower than most people. 84 spread out for the day would be fine by me.

Eating sugar is not equivalent to shooting up heroin. Relax and eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss. If maintaining and keeping within your calorie requirements you won't gain weight no matter what you eat.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    loverpie wrote: »
    if your goal is to lose weight, just cut back on unnecessary sugars. Carbs bring in lots of that sugar. So cut back on fruit and processed foods.

tumblr_mctv9dpkIL1ql6jg4o1_400.jpg