10 day vacation up 3 pounds

Options
Just back from 10 days in Thailand and was pleasantly surprised at gaining only 3 pounds.
The Thai menu was much healthier with mainly fruit and vegetables; meat is a minor ingredient. I maxed out on their superb breakfasts, usually skipped lunch, but enjoyed a full exotic supper. Each day was spent walking among the temples and historic sites burning away breakfast and developing a great appetite for amazing Thai suppers. In short I ate more, but healthier in Thailand than I do at home.
So back to the gym routine this weekend and likely back to normal weight next week.

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! A lot of people would be freaked out by the gain and all depressed over it. Personally, I say enjoy yourself and just get back on track when you return.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely vacation! Don't be surprised if the 3lbs drops off almost immediately. I have read many folks say this happened to them.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    10 days in Thailand...totally worth 3 pounds.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    10 days in Thailand...totally worth 3 pounds.

Hell yes, I agree.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. I bet some of the 3 pounds is probably water weight that you will shed relatively easily. Great attitude.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. But don't work too hard at losing - I gain 5 pounds from salt and inactivity every single time I go on a long trip. It all gets peed away in a few days.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Mexico and only 1 lb up for me too, active vacations make a huge difference. Glad you had a good time.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    10 days in Thailand sounds amazing. I bet the food was delicious!!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    just water weight maybe
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    3lbs is a blip in the memory of a lifetime timeline....you're steadfast or you wouldn't be on forum ;) Take a day off from exercise and get some extra sleep this week- it will drop your jet lag weight!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It might still be bloating from the flight. I always gain about 1kg of water weight when getting off a flight. Usually takes 2-3 days to lose again.

I've also been to Thailand (and Cambodia). 2.5 weeks of seeing lots of great stuff, relaxing and good food. I found out I gained nothing once I got rid of the flight bloat.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Just got back from Mexico and only 1 lb up for me too, active vacations make a huge difference. Glad you had a good time.

When I went to Mexico both times I was up 6 lbs and 8 lbs. I must be doing it wrong. Might be because we tipped the waiter in advance to keep feeding us food and drinks at the pool.
    LOL, that's the problem, you need to tip less. :p We never sat by the pool... we hiked into the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere reserve to go to the hot springs that come out of the cliffs above a little river, we snorkeled in Cabo Pulmo National Park, we walked everywhere in town (not staying in a resort), we hiked to distant deserted beaches. Lots of activity helps offset lots of queso, arroz, frijoles, tortillas, and tequila, hahahah!
    Cute Chihuahua by the way...

• KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's a win for sure!
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got back from a 7 day cruise and was up a few lbs....but the good news is that it's water weight and it's gone now lol....not likely any fat lbs. think about this. if you are in deficit by 500 calories and you are losing you would then have to eat 3500 calories above your deficit to get to maintenance level then another 3500 calories over that for 7000 calories in order to gain 1 lbs of fat. so enjoy the time away and get back in the saddle when you're back. Thailand sounds cool ~!~
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Oh man....I would loveeeee to eat 10 days of authentic Thai food!
  • Wyldeyez2
    Wyldeyez2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just came back from 14 days in Aruba. I gained about 5 pounds but that is not bad considering I completely indulged. I miss the long walks on the beach
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing. That's how I view vacations. I enjoy the food, get some exercise every day, and just don't go crazy. Any weight gain is usually gone quickly once get back to routine.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I gained three pounds from Tuesday to Wednesday, doing nothing differently. (It's gone now.) Sounds like a great trip you had, with probably no gain at all!