Setting mini goals and rewards – What are yours?

Options
lucycaz
lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
Well today I was thinking about my goals and trying to break them down into manageable chunks with appropriate rewards and here is the list I came up with:-

Starting weight – 324lbs – 4th May 2010

Goal 1 – 300lbs – I like round numbers.

Goal 2 – 270lbs – Go for the spa day that was a leaving present from my last job but that I feel too fat to go to.

Goal 3– 252lbs – The weight I need to be to be able to drive an Aston Martin on a track day and I will be treating myself to this.

Goal 4 – 238lbs – Complete my PADI open water diving certificate

Goal 5 - 225lbs – White water rafting in Scotland

Goal 6– 210lbs – The weight I need to be for a Horse riding weekend in Wales, I used to love this when I was lighter and fitter.

I am sure I will think of more mini goals on the way (my better half has just nipped out to do the lottery – lol)

I would be interested in how you all set your goals and what you reward yourself with to keep you motivated – other than a healthier, lighter you......

Lucy

Replies

• mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These sound great! Best of luck, m'dear! :)
    I haven't set my mini goals yet, but I plan to get started soon!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have 3 monthly goals, with the weight and body fat% I want to be by that specific day. I find it helps me to have deadlines to work towards. Once I hit 90 KG I'm going to crack that bottle of champagne I have left over in the fridge from New Years, and join the gym the next day (although I'm thinking about pushing that gym membership thing up and doing that sooner)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't have any "mini" goals but I do have 1 "big" goal I suppose you can say! I am doing INSANITY and my weight hasn't changed much but I'm almost positive my inches have...I should have measured from Day 1 but I didn't so that is starting today! :smile:

Anyway, my 1 "big" goal is to be comfortable with my body (mainly my mid section) and when I AM comfortable and I feel confident I am going to get my belly button pierced.
  • shivers42
    shivers42 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great idea. Well here goes:

Currently 14st 12lb and struggling.

14st 5lb: A pedicure
    14st: A decent pair of stilletos and pencil skirt, funded by saving a couple of ££ a day on lunch/ vending machine
    13st 10lb: A full body massage
    13st 5: Not sure.....
    13st: Add hotel to planned Caribbean holiday break

THANKS for the inspiration!!
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    This is awesome!!! I love your goals and your plans to celebrate when you reach them! So far the only thing I've come up with is to buy a really sexy dress and go out for a fabulous night in the city to celebrate. And I'm planning to spend a weekend at the beach in August for my birthday, laying on the beach soaking up some glorious sun rays feeling comfortable in a bathingsuit. Your plans sound much better to me though! Good luck to you!!! Would love to hear how it works out
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    I don't have any "mini" goals but I do have 1 "big" goal I suppose you can say! I am doing INSANITY and my weight hasn't changed much but I'm almost positive my inches have...I should have measured from Day 1 but I didn't so that is starting today! :smile:

Anyway, my 1 "big" goal is to be comfortable with my body (mainly my mid section) and when I AM comfortable and I feel confident I am going to get my belly button pierced.

AWESOME IDEA!!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

AWESOME IDEA!!!

Thanks!! :happy: I just felt like there was no point if I was always hiding my stomach...not that i will be walking around shirtless lol, that's not just me BUT maybe I'll wear a 2 piece (and feel confident) and some of the rings you can get are SO cute!
  • this is a great idea! i need to do this myself :)
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow. mini goals... the idea. DO I GET MINI REWARDS for MINI GOALS?? i thought it was just from point A to point B and be happy. Thanks for posting this because i forgot along the way i can still be a little happier after every goal that i meet.

Current weight: 204
    Starting weight: 210
    OVERALL GOAL weight: 150

No matter what these numbers are and how big of a gap there is between them goals are what keeps us all going :D

I started writing my rewards and all i could think about is when i needed to hit these goal weights by...... instead of how i could reward myself. It took me about a half an hour to decide on what i thought i "deserved".

190- one meal at In-N-Out (can i accept this reward without being upset at how i ate "junk food")
    175- To be able to see myself in pictures and be happy to see myself
    150- Buy a whole new wardrobe. Be the fashionista that I've always wanted to be.

6768054.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BastaConLaPasta
    Options
    It's always clothes and flowers for me. Pretty stuff! Even just trying clothes on that I have no intention of buying, just getting a buzz out of the fact that they suit me or that I can fit into a certain size - heady stuff :-) I was in Covent Garden today and promised myself no shopping, but the baby fell asleep and I was like weeeelllllll, I could go and have a coffee and look at thin people in Grazia, or I could go to Zara .... guess which one won??? ;-) Later on, I bought a huge bunch of peonies and some freesias; they're now in jars and bottles all over the house.
  • InspiredByStreisand42
    InspiredByStreisand42 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've got goals, but I haven't made up any real reward system for myself! I've worked my goals out based on dates I want to achieve certain numbers by :)

SW: 1st Feb: 234lbs
    18th May: 211lbs
    1st Sept: 189lbs - Buy a new wardrobe ready to start uni! :)
    25th Dec: 169lbs - Look awesome (comparatively) on Christmas Day!
    1st Feb 2011: 164lbs
    1st May: 152lbs
    1st Aug: 140lbs - My ultimate goal!
  • greeneyedwitch
    Options
    Lucy I'm so glad you have set some really great mini goals and reward. Now I need to follow your lead and set some for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!:smile:
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I actually hadn't made these up yet, but here is what I am thinking:

200- a few new sets of jeans
    180- new pair of running shoes
    160- a new dress
    140 - new wardrobe

I love clothes, but looking good is enough for me. I need to make better goals, right now I want to get to 200 lbs; which is 60 lbs lose. That should be worth a few new pairs of jeans :)