FRUSTRATED!!!

Okay so I'm not new to myfitnesspal...but the older I get the harder it is for me to lose weight. So I'm curious from other people...I am allotted 1500 calories a day...I'm trying to lose 1 pound a week, I work out a minimum of 4 times a week and more like 7. Sometimes, like today, I have burned over 1200 calories. Typically I have not eaten those calories but, I have been eating right, working out like I'm supposed to do and I'm not see the results that I want. What do you do? Do you eat your workout calories? Should I eat some of them? HELP!

Replies

• JamiBoo78
    JamiBoo78 Posts: 12 Member
    Jazzercise Baby!! One Dance Mixx class can burn up to 700 calories. High impact
  • WilkieLW
    WilkieLW Posts: 2 Member
    You should try eating back some of those calories that you burn during exercise. I bet you will see results.
  • JamiBoo78
    But how many do I add in there?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Jami, your diary is closed, so I don't know what you've been eating or doing for exercise, would you consider making it public briefly? A few questions:

1. How long have you been back at it?
    2. Do you weigh your food with a food scale?
  • blankiefinder
    edited February 2015

I wouldn't eat back more than 50% of the exercise calories as they are typically highly over-estimated.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    when you do so much work than your body needs the extra fuel/nutrition.
  • JamiBoo78
    Yes I can open it. Let me just add that several years ago I lost 100 pounds. I used this app and did portion control and exercise. I am trying to lose no more than 10 pounds this go round. I'm not doing a food scale unless I really need to know how many calories are in something...like when they measure it in oz on the pack. I try not to weigh in but once a week because I can get obsessive with it. I have noticed that sodium is a big deal for me and my body holds onto it like crazy.
    I do eat most of my assigned calories...before working out.
  • JamiBoo78
    I just opened it
  • JamiBoo78

I wouldn't eat back more than 50% of the exercise calories as they are typically highly over-estimated.

Thank you that is helpful!
  • JamiBoo78
    I generally try to leave one to two hundred calories under my goal to accommodate for things that are not exact on measurements. My life is too crazy busy to weigh everything. I'm not sure I can commit to that nor really want to do that...but I appreciate the comments.
  • JamiBoo78
    That's a good idea...thank you!
  • blankiefinder
    Most days this week look good, except a few days (Sunday and Monday) that may have undone some of your effort. Be careful with quick add calories. Also, calories in restaurant food such as pizza can vary due to kitchen practices. Maybe just try to stick with what you've been doing the last 3 days for another week or two, carefully tracking, and see if your weight starts to drop.
  • blankiefinder
    I would suggest weighing everything.
    i find package measurements can be way off. I once weighed out cornflakes cause the box says 1 and 1/4 cups is 85g, but when i weighed that amount it came to like 150g or something. which is pretty close to double what the package said it was.

Yes, that was actually something I was going to mention too, that if you are only going to weigh one single food, that it should be cereal. It can really vary, depending on where you are in the box.
  • JamiBoo78
    I do measure my cereal so I am good there.
    This week has been a little different from my past weeks. I guess I will just figure it out.