iPod Nano 4th gen armband recommendation?

Options
I've been trying, with zero success, to find a water-resistant iPod Nano 4th gen armband that will keep the iPod off my arm. I've now been through 4 different armbands and haven't found one that (a.) keeps moisture off and (b.) can handle 5-6 days/week usage. I had one that I loved, but it fell apart quickly, so no point buying another. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I want one to keep it dry and I have fairly muscular arms and don't want it to be too tight.
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    I want one that is not an armband, I want it to clip to my clothes or something. I don't like it giving me a tan line!!!
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I found this one. It's water-resistant but doesn't give much access to the iPod.
    http://www.armpocket.com/products/AERO-10-FP.html

I'll keep searching. Trying the Runners World forums too, but everything there seems to be focused on iPhones...
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I want one that is not an armband, I want it to clip to my clothes or something. I don't like it giving me a tan line!!!

I think the iPod that clips to your clothes is the Shuffle.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've been trying, with zero success, to find a water-resistant iPod Nano 4th gen armband that will keep the iPod off my arm. I've now been through 4 different armbands and haven't found one that (a.) keeps moisture off and (b.) can handle 5-6 days/week usage. I had one that I loved, but it fell apart quickly, so no point buying another. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

I was in Target earlier today and they had silicone wrist bands for the iPod Nano. Don't remember the price for sure, but I think they were around $25. Seemed like a lot to me, but it would keep it dry!
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options

I think the iPod that clips to your clothes is the Shuffle.

Yeah but I already have the older generation of the ipod nano, not sure what generation it is but I got it in 2009.
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kay - the Marware Convertible Sportsband (look for it on Amazon) is what I had for my Nano, which is probably the same generation as yours since I got it in 2009 too. It converts between a clip and an armband. I loved that armband, but I went through 2 in one year and said enough. HOWEVER, I have kept the case and the clip because I use them when I run in winter and need to have the nano clipped inside my clothes. It's probably pretty cheap now, and aside from the cheapo armband (which you won't have to worry about), I highly recommend the case and clip.

As for MY dilemma...the more I look at that Armpocket, the more I like the idea of it. I think it would be great for my long runs when I bring car key, phone, gum, nano and other miscellaneous. It also would eliminate my need to wear both iPod case AND Spibelt when I run on early summer mornings...