My triceps are out of control!

Options
MrsCon40
MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
For some reason, my triceps respond about 100% faster than all my other arm muscles to weight training. Suddenly I am finding myself with hugely defined triceps and not much anywhere else.

Since I still have a fair amount of weight to lose 35+ pounds the layer of pudge over the top makes it look like I have weird cellulite going on in pics. (And I know it's not because you can't flex cellulite :tongue:)

So I am cutting way back on reps working my triceps... should I also increase the weight in my curls and flys etc? How can I get the definition a little more evened out QUICKLY?? My wedding is in less than 2 months, my dress is strapless, and this is kind of stressing me out!

Replies

• MoMoDaCHiN
    MoMoDaCHiN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Still do tricep work but if it is arm day, do it last and lighter weight.
  • Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    Options
    Good for you! I wish mine would.
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    I would go more reps less weight...
  • bbgunz88
    bbgunz88 Posts: 12
    Options
    i would cut back on weight for triceps and increase your reps number. This will tone your triceps more. also increase weight and lower reps for curls. this will add size. to increase definition (tone) throw in some high reps and lower weight. What are high reps considered? Well for most i would say you should struggle at 12. do 3 sets of 12 reps for tone. for size and strength 3 sets of 4-6 reps of a heavy weight. I would wait 30 seconds between each set for all exercises and no more than a minute. in between sets i would wait 2- 3 minutes. I hope this helps! :D
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That is me too . . . and my calves. My husband last night said, "Look at you in that muscle Tshirt" It was just a regular shirt. I told him, "All my shirts look like muscle tshirts because my muscles are so big"

Thanks for the advice bbgun . . .I always like to push it with the highest weight and look all tough . . .I will lower my weight and increase my reps!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    sure wish I had this issue -_-