female 46 5'6" 15st 8lbs looking for similar ladies for mutual support

Options
I'm more of a tortoise than a Hare but I'm determined to loose this weight once and for all.....I've now got bad arthritis in my knees and hands and the weight I've carried for far to long is making it all so much worse.

As with all things I'm sure sharing and supporting with friends always helps so I've come looking for ladies who are similar to me who fancy chatting and supporting each other. The reason for similar? I find it easier to be honest with people who I know truly understand what its like to be very overweight....the ladies at work think they are fat when they cant get in a size 12 :s so being open about diet struggles with them in a non starter

I live in Hertfordshire near London, England and work as a deputy Library Manager....don't let that bit put you off as I'm far more lively and fun than you would imagine by my job title.
I've got a 23yr old daughter and my partner Steve has 2 daughters of a similar age so plenty of Mum type experience.
Last Year encouraged by Steve I started long distance walking (he already enjoyed it) and really loved it...I was devastated when I slipped on a wet pavement last November and badly damaged my knee, I'm having surgery on Feb 17th to repair it and then I cant wait to get fit and start walking again.
Steve is a pillar of strength to me on this journey as he has already lost 3st and looks amazing for it....he is also still on his journey and helps me loads, however more friends would be great and I'm looking for ladies who want to chat and encourage each other....so fingers crossed etc.

my other hobbies and interests....Reading (obviously) Crochet (I'm learning to knit too) I listen to a huge range of music but I'm a Rock Chick at heart, Love watching films and documentary's especially history, I spend far far to much of my life on Facebook, we also love to walk and hike and enjoy camping, I have a keen interest in military history especially planes and tanks and enjoy visiting museums. I adore cookery too......hence my battle of the bulge :D

Come say hello and lets get started.......

Replies

• rachelgjones
    Options
    Hello my name is Rachel, I'm 42 yo, wife and mum of 2 grown up children, 21 and 20, I'm 15st 12 so am trying to lose weight but happening slowly x
  • rachelgjones
    Options
    I live in Radstock, near Bath in the South West and am a senior medical secretary in the NHS.
  • celticlass69
    celticlass69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Ontario, Canada. 52 5'6" now 161 lbs. 11 down 21 to go. We could be friends and support, encourages each other. I'll send you a request.
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hi Ladies....daft I know but very excited to have got replies :-)
    I would love to be friends with you both and top share this journey. I weighed myself this morning at the end of my first week back on the diet in over 6 months and I've lost 8lbs this week so was doing the happy dance round the bathroom....I cant see myself ever loosing that again in one go so I was so so happy.
    How long have you both been using MFP?
  • rachelgjones
    Options
    Hi, I live in Ontario, Canada. 52 5'6" now 161 lbs. 11 down 21 to go. We could be friends and support, encourages each other. I'll send you a request.
    accepted it nice to be friends with you x

• rachelgjones
    Options
    accepted it nice to be friends with you x
    He
    Hi Ladies....daft I know but very excited to have got replies :-)
    I would love to be friends with you both and top share this journey. I weighed myself this morning at the end of my first week back on the diet in over 6 months and I've lost 8lbs this week so was doing the happy dance round the bathroom....I cant see myself ever loosing that again in one go so I was so so happy.
    How long have you both been using MFP?

Hi there didn't know you could make friends on here! Today I found out about this! Not sure what I am doing so please bear with me! Lovely to meet you both, well done to you! I lost a pound but keep going up and down
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    I didnt know about this either until I was on here this morning to work out why it wont post 1/2 lb weight loss.....still no answer on that but new friends instead :-)
  • rachelgjones
    Options
    Awww that's great! I didn't know but has made my day to have made some friends who are in same boat as me xxx
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    :)
    How long have you been using MFP ?
  • yalesmom
    yalesmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm 46 from Michigan. I'm mom to three teenage boys. I've lost 40 pounds since September and hope to be down another 10 by March 28 (vacation), then 10 more by May 30 (my birthday). After that I'll still have 20-30 pounds to go. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Motivation to exercise is my biggest hurdle. I don't like it before, during or after. It's a necessary evil, so I'm getting to it a 3-5 days a week, but need to work on consistency.
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hi Yalesmom and welcome to our little group :-)
    your right slow and steady does win the race....I just have to remember to stay on the race track and not wander off to the chocolate shop :s
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-I'm 49 from Ohio. 11 lbs down, 28 to go. I'm slow too. I have two kids, 15yo girl and almost 13 yo boy.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hi ladies! i am a 40 something mom of a college student and have been on mfp for a few months. always looking for new friends for support and motivation! feel free to send me a friend request!
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 47, from Colorado, newly single mom to a 16 year old son. I just started with mfp a month ago. I would love to meet some friends with similar goals and interest.
  • quo55
    quo55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends, as I feel we have some similar interests (reading, crocheting, military history interest). I am 39 and live in Texas. I have a 3 year old son and about 40 pounds to lose.
  • nicepurple
    nicepurple Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 44 from Calgary, Canada. I started using MFP over 3 years ago & successfully lost over 20 lbs in one year & was able to kept it off. I was so hooked on MFP at one point that when I look at the food, my brain started to analyze the data as to how much is the calories, fat, carbs, sugar.... Etc. Very freaky!
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hello to all you lovely ladies that have added to our group..... :D

Ive sent friend request to you all...off to cook chicken for dinner....starving hungry too, may post a photo of it if anyone is interested?
  • nicepurple
    nicepurple Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One habit that I adapted since MFP is to READ the nutrition labels on the package so that I know what portion I should take in order to keep my calorie intake in range for the day or week.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    so, has everyone been logging, or better yet, pre-logging?
  • scottishgal127
    scottishgal127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am also from Calgary, Canada and am looking to meet a supportive group. I am 40 with no children, but am still struggling to lose weight. Like MrsCakeyBun, I also have arthritis (and a liver transplant) and I lost about 50 lbs about 5 years ago. I met my second husband in that time and now have gained about 40 lbs back. For my arthritis, health and sanity, I want to lose it.
    My struggles are that I am always hungry and love to snack. I have also become a bit of a sugar addict since turning 40 (which is new to me) and I am a terrible stress eater. I am happy to support and help any of you as much as I can.
    :)