forty something's???

Options
Noticing it is waaaaay harder to shed those pounds in my forty's but super easy to gain them. ANYONE????? Discouraged!!!

Replies

• weight12345
    weight12345 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    U have never lied!!
  • stwreaj
    Options
    Ugh!! Let's do this stupid thing.
  • Yanita69
    Yanita69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We may as well get a handle on it now because I don't know about ya'll;but, I don't want to be 50 and unhealthy with health issues! We can do it !!!
  • Theleminator
    Theleminator Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    stwreaj wrote: »
    Noticing it is waaaaay harder to shed those pounds in my forty's but super easy to gain them. ANYONE????? Discouraged!!!

Lol!!!
    Been doing this for over a year now!!
    It gets easier.
    Don't give up.
    Be the change.
    Add me as a friend.
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    need some support and motivation as i have no family except the hubs .. i ordered insanity still waiting for it to arrive hopefully it will be here Monday or Tuesday any one have luck to stay with it , with more than 1 cycle
  • ebbandflow
    ebbandflow Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 42 and have lost 11 pounds in the past two months. It is slow going, this is true. It is also slow going for me getting an exercise program going, but I don't give up, I just keep it moving forward. I find that the lower the carbs and the higher the protein the faster the weight loss. I also try to fill up my belly on a lot of veggies. When I am being good.
  • myfitnesspalgirl2015
    edited February 2015
    Options
    stwreaj wrote: »

So true..... I'm 41 and notice the difference
  • Yes
  • margiethinner
    margiethinner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I agree it's harder to lose but we can do it together. We're are striving for the same outcome.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way harder in your 40's!
  • Katab4
    Katab4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I noticed I have to work so much harder for smaller results, it is discouraging. I'm 42 and trying to get a handle on it now. You can ad me as a friend on on here everyday trying to loose my last 12 pounds.
  • annh7
    annh7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too, 42, definitely harder to get off! It just sticks around my middle!! Im following the slimming world plan and logging everything on MFP, just joined the gym, so fingers crossed! Would like some friends too
  • paba40
    paba40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, yep at 41 finding it a *kitten* to get pounds off and exercise too. Anyone else working on yoga?
  • DeeRay101712
    DeeRay101712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I'm almost 40 (turning in November). I've been doing MFP since beginning of January and am down 8lbs. I'm happy to see some results! I sent you a FR. Let's do this! :smiley:
  • loriehager
    loriehager Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I'm turning 41 this summer. My husband and I are having a 20th anniversary party and I can't accept being this size for videos and pics. I've done weight watchers, 80/10/10, fruit till 4:00, juice feast.... all of them and they all work but it's not a life style I stick too.
    I've read the book by Kathryn Hansen, Brain over Binge. This book as changed my life, it's more of a mentle stand point and because I suffer from binge eating, it explained a lot of mistakes and misinterpreted info from my thinking patterns. I highly recommend this book for anyone with overeating issues.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. 49 here. It's more challenging. The "window" between maintenance, loss and gain" has gotten much smaller. In fact, there's just a couple hundred calories now been loss and maintenance calories (without exercise).
    Exercise is almost a necessity now.
  • broncomom88
    broncomom88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit of weight back in my 30's not saying it was easy but now that I am in my 40's...good gosh it's a struggle!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yup that's for sure. I am 46 and have lost 110 lbs with 140 to go. It's not easy but you can do it. Anyone can feel free to add me for support. Good Luck!
  • NinjaoftheBeastAjah
    Options
    I'm 45 and joined cross fit last year. I've lost 52 pounds and am now at a plateau. I can definitely tell that it is taking forever to lose weight. But I figure it took me 20 years to do this damage to my body so it's ok if it takes it time healing and shedding this weight as long as I know I am making my best effort. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TreyMagnifique
    TreyMagnifique Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Almost 43 here. It's alot of work, but you can be 40 something and still get the job done. :)