Hcg diet

Options
Has anyone participated in the hcg diet?

Replies

• beyondmotiv8ted
    beyondmotiv8ted Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did it with the drops 4 years ago. Lost about 30 lbs but gained all back and more. On 500-800 calories a day you're gonna lose weight even without the drops. But the hunger and the denial will set you up to fail. IMO
  • tnshel
    Options
    Yes. And I love this diet! I have done this diet before and you have to stick to the protocol exactly! and you will feel and see great results. I have only used the injection method and initially went to a weight loss clinic. I know some people have lost the weight and gained it back. It is not because of this diet, or any diet. It is because they went back to old eating habits after the weight loss.
    I would highly recommend this diet. But something to consider. Some thing to take note of. The injections may interfere with your menstral cycle. I have had a hysterectomy so It never affected me, but I don't hear many women talk about this..
  • BernitaEsprit87
    BernitaEsprit87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your information.. I recently started going back to my medical weight lose clinic i am trying to lose 10 more pounds... I am on phase two right now I know phase 4 involves the hcg.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    tnshel wrote: »
    Yes. And I love this diet! I have done this diet before and you have to stick to the protocol exactly! and you will feel and see great results. I have only used the injection method and initially went to a weight loss clinic. I know some people have lost the weight and gained it back. It is not because of this diet, or any diet. It is because they went back to old eating habits after the weight loss.
    I would highly recommend this diet. But something to consider. Some thing to take note of. The injections may interfere with your menstral cycle. I have had a hysterectomy so It never affected me, but I don't hear many women talk about this..

Strong first post! SMDH! And yeah when you start starving / dying from only eating 500-800 calories a day and start eating again you most likely are going to gain the weight back. Ugh!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Especially if you only need to lose 10lbs, any doctor who would put you on that godawful diet deserves to lose their licence to practice.

It is also a VLCD, so don't be surprised when this post is deleted as promoting this diet is against forum rules.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.