salmon

Options
Igot some frozen salmon fillets but dont want to cook how it says if i defrost it can i cook it how i like?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i broil my salmon till its nice and brown then mix up 1tbs honey, 1tbs sweet chili sauce and 1tbs sweet soy sauce pour it over the salmon and mix it up for 30 secs.........done. i eat that just about every night with my broiled cabbage and rice Yummers (broiled means dry fry )
  • thekidlegend
    thekidlegend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love salmon!

I don't know how to cook either, so I just put some pepper in it, some lemon and throw it in the oven for like 25 minutes to bake.

You can also pan fry, but you have to look on YouTube to see when it is good to go because you can easily think it's good to go and then it's still raw in the middle. I've made that mistake before lol
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    There is a maple bacon flavoured seasoning from Club House. If you can get this or something similar it's fantastic with salmon! Just sprinkle some on and bake.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sweet chilli sauce, lime juice & ginger on top. Chuck in the oven for 10-15 mins til just done - yum!
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cook it however you like, the instructions are just a suggestion. :) When I'm low on time or don't feel like cooking I just heat up a pan, toss in a defrosted fillet with cooking spray and plenty of dill, and steam it in lemon juice. It only takes 5 or 6 minutes total for those little frozen portions. If I have time, a meaty fresh fillet, and access to my BBQ there are too many delicious alternatives to count!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The good thing about salmon is that it has a lot of flavor, so it does not need a fancy sauce.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I made this last night: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/grilled-garlic-dijon-herb-salmon.html
    I didn't have Herbs de Provence so I used tarragon. It was a hit with the family.