Salad dressings

Options
I am not much of a salad eater. I see the salads I make for my husband and think they look good but I can't bring myself to eat them. I think if I found a dressing I liked it would make eating salad more enjoyable. So what are some of your favorite salad dressings?

Replies

• thekidlegend
    thekidlegend Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I barely started eating salads myself. I always liked the dressing they put in the little salads at the Japanese restaurants you get before eating tepanyaki, but you can't just buy that lol

If you have a Chick-Fil-A nearby, try out their apple cider vinaigrette. I swear that's the best dressing I ever had. I never use all of it either, just to watch myself because sometimes dressings is what adds up the calories, so half or 3/4ths is more than enough to throw on the side salad they have or any salad you make
  • jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We don't have a chick-fil-a but I bet I could find something similar. Thank you. Hopefully I can find something that helps so it's not like eating leaves. Hahaha
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I like the honey balsamic vinegar and Raspberry walnut vinaigrette both are pretty mild flavors.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I love ranch and Caesar dressing. I don't eat vinagrettes, too acidic for my stomach.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I like Sweet Onion by Renee (found in the produce section of the grocery store, by the packaged salad greens). It's 40 calories per tablespoon and very favorable so you don't need very much at all.

I've tried a few other Renee dressings and they are all good. The fresh dressings (those in the produce section), regardless of who made them, are tastier, I find, than the regular dressings, which I find taste either oily or vinegary. You may find a dressing you like there.

Also, experiment with "salad". Do you add anything besides the lettuce? Adding avocado, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, etc. and maybe a bit of cheese or left-over meat can really spruce up a salad.