Any in here with digestive health issues?

Options
Hey everyone!
Have any of you experienced digestive health issues? Is so, what kind? What have you done to help this issue?

Take a look at my profile for my issues, but for starters I am in remission of Crohns/Colitis. I have taken the challenge I have been given and will not let it stop me. After recovering from a very invasive surgery and recovery period, I am more determined than ever to stay healthy and regain my strength!

Would love to meet more people here and share stories - related to this or not! Feel free to add me or message me!

Replies

• RottieLovie
    RottieLovie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed in June of this past summer with Ulcerative Colitis. I have always struggled with my weight, and in January 2014, I was trying to do everything right (salads, fresh fruits and veg, lots of nuts and seeds) and paired with stress, ended up very ill, leading to my diagnosis. I am currently being held together on Prednisone (a steroid) and have been put on Simponi (an injectable biological) in hopes of eventually finding remission. In the mean time, I am having to find a new way of eating. No raw fruits or veg, no nuts, little dairy (I can have small amount of cheese, but no milk). It's hard balancing what is healthy, with what my body will now tolerate without pain and illness.

So far, from illness, and trying to find a new way, I am down 70lbs from last January, and this past week I signed up for DailyBurn (loving it!) so I can work out at home, and my friend from work invited me to her Yoga class last week (I really enjoyed it and plan to go back!). It's a hard road trying to pair fitness, health, and illness, but I am going to make it happen. More determined than ever. <3
  • luv2bhismommy
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I too have been on prednisone and a biologic (remicade). I'm glad that you have begun to change your diet and listen to your body. It isn't easy. I've been on several diets and regimen and at the end of the day it's what works best for your body.

What is dailyburn? I also do my workouts from home and love it!
  • RottieLovie
    RottieLovie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd been seeing ad's for DailyBurn.com for awhile. It's workout video's that you can do from your computer, TV (through different kinds of systems like Roku, Amazon TV, ect) a tablet, or phone. It has a 30day free trial, and when that's up it will be I think $13 dollars a month. You give them your stats (height, weight, gender) , what you want to accomplish (lose weight, tone up, bulk up) and how much time you have (mine is set to 30minutes a day) and they set up a work out program for you ( I am a "True Beginner"). You just watch the video they recommend each day, and they will get harder over time. You can also browse all their video's and choose whatever you want if you want to mix it up and try something new. I figured I would try the trial, and so far on day 4 I really like it. Easy to follow, but a good work out, and the price per month is what I would spend on a fast food dinner if I decide to keep it. I like that I can do it from home, but it's not just the same video over and over like if I bought one from the store.
  • mcintoshangela
    mcintoshangela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tons of digestive issues I have some many medical bills to try and figure it all out including exploratory surgery the only thing that has helped is enzymes I get them from my chiropractor it's called chirp-zyme I also have fibro and it's helped with that as well