Sexy is Possible at 40-Something

Options
Hi All! While I am not new to MFP, I have wanted a fresh start for the year of 2015; therefore a new profile was in order! My goal is to maintain balance at home, work and in my efforts to prove that sexy beyond 40 is possible! I have always been one to have a primary focus on a single task while everything else sort of slides. I need MFP and positive, motivating friends to keep me focused on fitness and nutrition whenever family and work pulls me away. If you don't care for yourself, how on earth are you going to be able to take care of work and family responsibilities?! Right? If you are looking for somebody who is energetic, positive, supportive and loves life, send me a friend request. I would love to be able to give back to anyone who is ready to tackle the upcoming year without excuses! Let's do this!!!

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Sure is possible! In fact, there's a bunch of us in the 50+ club that believe we've still got it ... is-50-still-sexy
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and while my body isn't magazine-model perfect, it is quite good.... and I have plenty of friends and fun in life and a great relationship with my husband so yes to sexy lol. Helps to know how best to dress for your particular body type as well. Fit and flare is my preferred style.
  • _JonnyQwest_
    _JonnyQwest_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!! I make 41 look good baby! B)
  • TreyMagnifique
    TreyMagnifique Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • samblack46
    samblack46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 this year and I want to be fit at 50! Need to lose about a stone but also trying very hard to get fitter and more toned! Xx
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible. 45 and looking fabulous here!! :)) Anyone can add me if you're looking for mutual support and encouragement.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Bloody hope so! :smiley:
  • javabean161
    javabean161 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible and I'm 64. I made a commitment to using MyFitnessPal in the beginning of January and I'm already down 18 Lbs. My primary exercise routine is an elliptical trainer or walking 18 holes of golf.

Feel free to add me for mutual support and encouragement.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You may add me to your support group. I live in the galleria area. Nic~
  • 19juanita72
    19juanita72 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it. Any support would be great. Add me. :)
  • terialsip
    terialsip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All! While I am not new to MFP, I have wanted a fresh start for the year of 2015; therefore a new profile was in order! My goal is to maintain balance at home, work and in my efforts to prove that sexy beyond 40 is possible! I have always been one to have a primary focus on a single task while everything else sort of slides. I need MFP and positive, motivating friends to keep me focused on fitness and nutrition whenever family and work pulls me away. If you don't care for yourself, how on earth are you going to be able to take care of work and family responsibilities?! Right? If you are looking for somebody who is energetic, positive, supportive and loves life, send me a friend request. I would love to be able to give back to anyone who is ready to tackle the upcoming year without excuses! Let's do this!!!

• FlowVinyasa
    FlowVinyasa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Possible. No doubt. Add me in!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    47 with a better body than some of the 20-somethings in my aerial class. A lot of my 40-something friends have given up. I am more motivated now than I have ever been. Hard work and determination but loving the challenge.
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've named my 40's as the "Decade of Awesome!", and with it now approaching its end it truly has been one. Friend request sent.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I hope there is still sexy at 40 cos I'm fast approaching it ;)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. In fact, you can kick-butt even harder because you have experience on your side! B)
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sexy at 50's, questionable for me Lol ... but I can still kick *kitten* in the workout room!
  • Fat_Lassie
    Fat_Lassie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yeah! 43 and on my way back to it now! Feel free to add me!
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Feel free to add me. Just because we're getting older doesn't mean we're dead
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Of course it is! And 50+ and 60+...