deleteing foods from my food list

Options
I am wondering if there's a way to delete foods from my list of foods? I am getting a lot of foods that I only ate once, my list is getting very big, can someone tell me if there's a way to delete those foods, Thank you! Carolyn

Replies

• eatingforspawn
    eatingforspawn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just click on an item in the "my foods" list and in the upper right corner you will see options to edit or delete.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I assume you are asking about the Recent list and not your actual Food Diary, because you can go back to individual days in your Food Diary and delete the food items one by one.
    If so, here is some information about the Recent list I have posted in the past, because this question gets posted a lot.
    ---
    ​​The Recent list just displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list. If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.
  • Vmiller3131
    Vmiller3131 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think this would be a simple fix. Anything in the works?
  • ewame
    ewame Posts: 2
    Options
    I want to delete foods I don't eat anymore from" my food list", I see a spot that says to click to add, delete n edit, but when I click on it there is no delete option showing up,
    Help Please!
  • CyberTone
    Options
    ewame wrote: »
    I want to delete foods I don't eat anymore from" my food list", I see a spot that says to click to add, delete n edit, but when I click on it there is no delete option showing up,
    Help Please!
    On the Web version, in FOOD > My Foods, you can only delete a food item you created and did not share with other MFP users. If you chose to share that food item when you created it, the Delete button will not be available. The screen shot below shows one of my personal foods I created but did not share with the MFP database, so I can see and use the Delete button.

tjftaazpatv2.jpg

• ewame
    ewame Posts: 2
    Options
    thank you!! ok so there is no way to delete a shared food in my list then? guess i wont share anymore lol
  • CyberTone
    Options
    ewame wrote: »
    thank you!! ok so there is no way to delete a shared food in my list then? guess i wont share anymore lol
    You could trick ask another user to edit the shared food, then that edited item would move from your My Foods list to the other user's My Foods list. :)