nutrabullet smoothies

Options
Does anyone else use a nutribullet? I really like how easy it makes getting fresh veg/fruit into my busy day. I also do not seem to get hungry when I have the green smoothie for lunch.
I am worried that I maybe eating too many carbs by having a green smoothie for lunch and a fruit smoothie snack. Staying well within my rec daily cal count, keeping carb under 100 gr a day. thoughts?

Replies

• Sidneysider
    Sidneysider Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use NutriBullet. Very few times,I go beyond my carbs usually when I feel like having a tasty smoothie by adding mango or banana. I guess it doesn't matter if the carbs come from fruits and veggies. Better than coming from other food,right?
    Also can you share recipes for green smoothies? I really can't drink if it doesn't taste good and most of the time,I shut my nose and drink it all.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have the NutriBullet, though I use it mainly to make my protein shakes and smoothie's for my kids
  • crzykatladee
    Options
    Hi, yes, I have some great smoothie fromulas with greens.
    I am a baker - chef by profession so that is the easy part for me. The main secret to good tasting smoothies is a few drops of liquid stevia, a natural no cal sweetener. You can get it at whole foods.
    - Other than that, keep to one color palette and for the most part they will taste great.
    - Here is one I am liking lately-
    - lg cup 1/2 full baby spinach
    - knob of fresh ginger
    - 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
    - handful fresh mint
    - handful fresh cilantro
    - 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
    - tsp brown flax seed

fill to max line with refrigerated water and blend. I take this to work and add ice and drink with a straw, delish!
  • crzykatladee
    Options
    plus the afore mentioned stevia, 1 dropper full or to taste :D
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've always been curious about whether the NutriBullet actually works, but from what I can see here, this may be a very worthy investment. :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've always been curious about whether the NutriBullet actually works, but from what I can see here, this may be a very worthy investment. :smile:
    Works for...making smoothies? Absolutely. Works for....getting in some nutrient dense foods? absolutely. Works for... creating a deficit for weight loss? Only if you create a deficit for weight loss.
    I ADORE mine.
  • crzykatladee
    Options
    The thing I absolutely adore about it is how I can mix up a great tasting green smoothie for lunch and do a nut milk for the afternoon so easy and so nutritious
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet and am on a green apple smoothie kick. I actually found the recipe in dr Phils new 20/20 diet book. (Ps.. Not doing it... Too restrictive) also downloaded a smoothie app on my phone for new ideas. I try for a least one a day to help get in nutrients I need. Good luck to everyone on this journey:)
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I like mixing my vanilla protein shake with lots of baby spinach leaves, half a banana, blueberries, and a few walnuts or flax seeds. It's more like a meal than just a protein shake at that point. Yum.
  • Sidneysider
    Sidneysider Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My fav is frozen berries, soy or almond milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, handful of baby spinach, banana or mango
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My fav is frozen berries, soy or almond milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, handful of baby spinach, banana or mango

breakfast: 1 cup spinach, 1.25 cup power frozen fruit, 2 tbsp chia, 3/4 cup greek yoghurt, 1 cup almond milk. 400 cal roughly, and holds me for at least 4 hours!

• crzykatladee
    Options
    glad to hear others are using the nutra bullet same way I do and are losing weight. I am afraid of fruit!