Fitness videogame suggestions?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good fitness videogame that would be great for my mom and I? My mom enjoys dancing, however, she is almost 70, and doesn't care for the dancing that involves a lot of jumping around and hopping like a lot of today's music involves. Her doctor suggested that she doesn't do the really intense dancing like that. We have a Wii-U console, and I've been searching everywhere online for a game that doesn't have so many intense dancing on it, but would still be good for doing dance fitness that she would like. I was checking out the Zumba games, but it looks like 90% of the dances are a lot of jumping, hopping around and intense movement that my mom would not be able to do. Does anyone have any suggestions for some better games? Or is that all that's out there right now?

I was looking at the Wii Fit U game, but I'm not sure if my mom would take that game seriously or be interested because it plays/looks more like a kid's game rather than a traditional fitness program (even though it is a fitness game) like my mom is used to seeing when she works out.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of videogames are available now but how about workout videos. Check some out of fitnessblender or youtube.

Borrow some from the library. Like Sweating to the Oldies or Zumba or beginner salsa dancing etc. If there is a local dance studio see if they have a beginner class.

It's awesome that you are working on your health and your Mom's.
  • Knuxchan
    Options
    Thank you! I will consider looking for some videos. I was just hoping for something more interactive for my mom and I, especially since I had bought a Wii console specifically for the fitness games.