Seriously "fell off the wagon"......

Options
I'd been going through some personal stuff lately and was not working out like I should have been. Yes I know big mistake. But yesterday I started to get back on it so to speak. I weighed myself this morning and realized I'd gained back the 5 I lost plus 5 more !. I can't believe that happened to me !. :-(

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! We all fall off the wagon sometimes! Kudos to you for getting back on it!
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's another day. Start again tomorrow.
    PS Don't let that extra 5 pounds throw you. You did it once, you can do it again!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Just dust yourself off and climb right back on!

You know that you are worth being healthy!!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try not to let it get to you to much. None of us are perfect and we all fall at some point. We just need to make sure that we keep getting back up and jump back on!!! You can do it!!
  • rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, I was down 9 and now I think I am only down 4 and am basically starting over. Personal emotions have alot to do with your success and I guess I need to work on those first.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you would have not lost the first 5, you'd be up 15. Life will always happen, but don't forget to take care of yourself. Get back on, and keep it up, one day at a time.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well, *kitten* happens.

Now forget it and get back up on this wagon so we don't have to come and get you.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    What Ninja said.

Dust yourself off, get back on, and keep on truckin!!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mess with the Ninja -- she sounds tough! :laugh:

Welcome back!
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    Hey don't worry about it! I had one of those "fall of the wagon" kinda days a few days ago actually. I know it sucks because you feel like you let yourself down, but as everyone says, tomorrow is a new day and you can't erase what you did. Just eat healthy again and keep working out. Think of this as a reminder to keep on goal :D
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad - I fell off the wagon for most of the winter - now I am really having trouble getting back on. Good luck & stay positive!:smile:
  • Kristylarson
    Options
    Don't stress about it. I did the same thing but I gained like 20! Errrrr... It happens. The only thing you can do about it is learn from it and try your hardest not to let it happen again :) KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!! :D
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 25lbs,. it does not seem like a lot compared to some of MFP people who lose it so quickly( no judgement) I always felt bad.. thinking I was not doing my best, and honestly I was not.

Your keyword is you "fell off the wagon". It is a lifestyle change not a diet. When you get to your goal weight and you treat this as a diet guess what, you are going to gain back the weight you lost.

I have not worked out since January until last week and I have gain and lost 4lbs. Which is not bad I think but my eating habits are so diffrent then last year. This is my new eating lifestyle.

Good Luck and dont beat yourself up.
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    I too stumbled a little over Mothers Day. My daughter made bbq bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill, steaks, and crem brulee. Today I was very good. The guilt has passed and I am dedicated to keeping on the right path. You have done it before, so you know how to do it, and you know that you can. Forgive yourself and keep up the good fight. Good luck!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up...I currently am running after the wagon trying to jump back on! Every day is a new challenge, keeps us on our toes!
  • CMoney412
    CMoney412 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    in my experience, weighing myself after I have been seriously off the wagon is NEVER a good idea ... I get too discouraged! I wait at least a month to six weeks, so that I am not overfocusing on numbers.

This is where you are starting from -- there is not one of us on this site who hasn't gained weight when going through emotional stuff. It is really okay. This is a journey, and you know about yourself -- now -- that when you emotional eat and don't exercise, you gain weight. Don't beat yourself up about it; it's just science. The last thing you need to do is be hard on yourself when you are going through something emotional!

The other thing is, we have the incredible magnifying minds that focus on the bad -- like, why not celebrate 2 things:

1. you worked out!
    2. you are getting support on this site!

Beginning again is sooooo difficult ... you did the hardest part! Beginning.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'd been going through some personal stuff lately and was not working out like I should have been. Yes I know big mistake. But yesterday I started to get back on it so to speak. I weighed myself this morning and realized I'd gained back the 5 I lost plus 5 more !. I can't believe that happened to me !. :-(

Stress alone can add water weight too, which is such a pain. I went through something every similar not too long ago. In my opinion, dont think about how you fell off a wagon, just use this time to re-center yourself, then get back on the wagon. I gained more weight than I started when I was super stressed, so I just got some meal plans laid out, make attempts to at least get a decent 20 minute workout in no matter what, and I have been seeing the lbs go away (painfully slow sometimes, but down..).

Good luck jumping back on the wagon!
  • chelledaley
    Options
    Hey, I have been there and done that so many times but alas that's just life. Just get back on the wagon...a journey begins with the first step...sometimes we back up, but once we get moving again - take that first step - then we are back on our way to success again...real success lies not in achieving our goal weight but in making the journey that gets us there and keeps us there. The pitfalls along the way makes us stronger, teaches us lessons, give us tools to make the journey challenging and ultimately more successful...the beauty of our journey to fitness is that it's a lifelong one, so once there's life we can keep at it!!!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Don't worry or beat yourself up because some days are better than others! I give you alot of credit for starting back up to weightloss. Who wouldn't cheat their diet on Mothers Day! I hope this advice gives you some support and confidence ! I will friend you to help support your weightloss!:smile:

April
  • gagejennifer
    Options
    What made it a little worse was that hubby laughed at me when I told him I gained all that weight back plus some !. (yes I'm totally serious !.)