Need some encouragement!

Options
Hi guys!
This is going to be more of a vent session lol
I lost a total of 33 lbs and felt GREAT! I went from 168 lbs to 135 lbs! However, I stopped counting calories the beginning of May and am back up to 145 lbs! I am so frustrated I let this happen! I just don't want to count calories every day for the rest of my life!
I have a problem with portion control - that is my biggest problem. I am just so frustrated that I have to wait another month now to lose the 10 lbs!
I am just very discouraged. This past week was my birthday weekend and I ate and drank more then one human being ever should lol I probably put on 2-3 lbs.
Just venting!!

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's ok. You know how to lose it now so the weight will be gone eventually. If you get a chance, you may want to check out some of the groups for people who are maintaining their weight loss. They may be able to help you with ideas for keeping the weight off once you are down again. Some of those folks no longer track their calories but still check in with MFP to keep them on track.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    as a birthday present, buy yourself a whole new set of smaller plates and let yourself know that its ok, eventually, you will know how many calories youve had in a day as second nature and wont need to log on to track them all to know it.

Invest in your healthy habits.
    Reassure yourself that it will get easier the longer its a habit.

oxo
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Portion control is hard for me too. Plain and simple I love food. But it's a process of getting your stomach to realize you have had enough. I do really well all say then supper is my biggest portion challenge. But if you have counted calories in the past you know what you should eat. So just take a mental calorie count and stop. I am finding the more I practice the easier it's getting.
  • kknox2980
    Options
    Unfortunately getting healthy and fit is a lifestyle change! You have to keep at it!! Don't get discouraged just jump back on the wagon :) I have a motivation and support group I'm in on Facebook! Helps a lot
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. For what it's worth the exact Same thing happened to me. I lost the weight stayed at goal for a while then got complacent about tracking and then started eating more and before you know it I have packed on 13 extra pounds. One thing is for sure this is a lifestyle not a fad diet. Good luck!