132 POUNDS LOST WITH PHOTOS!!!

Options
mart001
mart001 Posts: 194 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Funny, but every insecurity I have had about myself, whether it be looks, weight or what ever, I have heard people on here saying the same thing about themselves. And the funny thing is, I look at those people and think,what are they talking about? they look fine to me.
I guess we see ourselves differently than others do. I put up a post yesterday asking for everyone’s opinion if they thought I looked ok at the weight I am at now, as I have reached my goal. You do not realize, that reading almost every response being positive means so much to me. I have gone thru the days of not wanting to be in pictures because of hating what i saw, seeing people laughing as I walked by, hating to go out to eat figuring people thinking, look at that fat guy, he should not be eating that. walking in and praying i would be able to fit in that booth, avoiding traveling because afraid i would not be able to fit in the planes seat. not wanting to go see shows or sporting events for fear i wouldn’t fit in the seats or bother the person next to me with taking up to much space. walking into a store in the mall, and having nothing in your size to buy. It is all so degrading.
People on here ask how I have stayed so strong for these 2 years that I have been on My Fitness Pal and its because of the reasons above. I am mad at myself for putting myself in that position. My stroke that I had was mostly caused by my weight.That is something I will live with the rest of my life with the damage it has done. It has taken me now 2 years, to feel normal for the first time in many years. Just so much wasted time where I could have been enjoying myself, instead of being miserable. So why have I been so good? Because I know those feelings and vow to never live like that again.
And most of my success is because of you. All the likes and comments, really do mean something. Especially when you have gone thru years of not hearing positive things.
So next time you think are alone in this, you are not! We have all gone thru the same insecurities and emotions that you have and having friends on here helps so much.
The one good thing about feeling hurt and embarrassed, is that is what is what makes me stronger now.
I will be staying on mfp when I reach my goal because I know I need this and have read to many stories of people that reach their goal, leave, and are back a year later, regaining everything they lost, plus some. So thank you to everyone whether we have been friends for 2 years or one day. I want to be here and celebrate when each of you reach your goals.
I know this is the time of the year that alot of people begin their diets, as I did 2 years ago and not knowing if i would last a week, but for what ever reason, this inspired me and I have been very strong even till this day. So those just starting, i am proof this will work. i just stayed within my calories and did alot of walking. After 2 previous strokes, if i didnt do it, i may not have been here at this point. I went from a 48 waist to a 31 and from a xxl shirt to a small. Here is a before and after picture.
tz5jdbi1e3of.jpeg
jc7zxyc8bzc2.jpg
32htkwqtkiwp.jpg
xcbjyrkfc8p4.jpg
zzwx0ycr6z6f.jpg

Fell free to add me as a friend as I am on mfp probably 10 times a day...
Have a great weekend!!!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. True dedication and very inspirational!
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's amazing good work.
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend. My journey has been a life long struggle but I'm determined this year to hit my goal weight. Again you look incredible keep it up!!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation......

You look so different, I hope you don't mind me saying this but I thought that you looked very tired in the before photos now you are positively glowing.....particularly the beach photo.
  • purplerose22603
    purplerose22603 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an awesome transformation! I am glad you got healthier for you. You look amazing. You are an inspiration!
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dem feels man...amazing job.
  • nouf92
    nouf92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • bigsisv
    bigsisv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great !
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great! So happy for you!! :)
  • Chamiram
    Chamiram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!! Great job. Hopefully I'll stay strong & get to my goal as you did :)
  • Enf3ktid
    Enf3ktid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow....Just....wow. Congratulations!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation! And so much persistence! Well done!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!
  • Nwan_02
    Options
    Inspirational, you have motivated me to accomplish my weight loss goals. Awesome Job!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an achievement and such an inspiration!! Thanks so much for posting this! You look terrific, by the way!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. You do look fabulous, but I think it's even more important that you feel fabulous! :smile:
  • MsLRDFM
    Options
    Congrats to you! Your story is very inspiring to me. I suffered a spinal cord stroke almost 3 years ago (yes I did and yes I'm fairly young). Your story has inspired me to keep working through my pain to reach my overall fitness goals. Thanks again for sharing your story. You look Great!!!
  • ladydianna62
    ladydianna62 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Omg you look amazing congrats on you weight loss truly inspirational