What's the strangest thing you've seen someone wearing at the gym?

Options
Yesterday I saw a guy on the elliptical wearing a full business suit, including dress shoes.

Replies

• fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I see jeans all the time. I don't think any of these people are serious about their workouts.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cross dressing male in a tutu with a wig and pig tails doing handstands!! how's that
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Full clown costume, including make up. Not sure what workout they were doing, I HATE clowns and went to another area to do my workout
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There's one guy at my gym who wears the same outfit every time: plaid knickers, a striped shirt and argyle socks.
  • angelarene626
    angelarene626 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Saw a girl in a hot pink tutu once...wtf? And don't get me started on ppl who show up to the gym in jeans lol
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    crocs.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stop judging people. Let them wear what they want.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    I see jeans all the time. I don't think any of these people are serious about their workouts.

So they aren't serious because they don't have on sweats and a tank like you? You don't know their situation at all.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    There's one guy at my gym who wears the same outfit every time: plaid knickers, a striped shirt and argyle socks.

Im so happy you are that focused on someone else to know what he wears everyday.
  • sswanl
    sswanl Posts: 30
    Options

Lol. You must be seeing my fiance! Even I tease him about his same outfit EVERY day. (He has multiples so they are clean).... but he says they are comfy, so why change it
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    MyiahRose wrote: »

Im so happy you are that focused on someone else to know what he wears everyday.

You must be a lot of fun at a party.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    As for jeans...sometimes I will stop in at the gym just because I have an extra 15 or 20 minutes and will get on the treadmill. It is better than sitting in the car listening to the radio while waiting for a kid to get out of school or an appointment. My goal isn't to get sweaty or substitute my real workout but just to keep moving.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention. Saw a dude in scrubs including the little shoe covers once, but if anything it impressed me that he'd come from surgery/work and get straight to a workout. There's a hella beefy, sexy cop that busts it out, too in full uniform. Nice guy. I make it a point to smile his direction when he's in there.

I bet people think I'm homeless, lol. I wear big t-shirts and baggy sweat pants a lot. Sometimes the same pair of sweatpants all week. *shrug*
  • MickeyCastello
    Options

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

That's a good way to put it.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    An over the tights, thong bodysuit... backwards. I was trying to figure out if it would feel better that way (this may have been a few years ago).
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Stop judging people. Let them wear what they want.

+1

And I can see suit or scrubs. Maybe they didn't realize they were going to be stopping off at the gym or maybe they didn't think forgetting their gear was an excuse for skipping a workout. That's pretty impressive imo
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I wore a tennis skirt, knee highs, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap to the gym once. I had just come from a 5k race and wanted to lift.

I see people in jeans or corduroys sometimes. I don't get it but I sweat very easily so I'm in shorts. whatevs. They're doing something and it isn't damaging the equipment. Idgaf
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym but it bugs me when it's cold outside and everyone else is trying to stay warm and people are out in little tight shorts and a jacket.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym but it bugs me when it's cold outside and everyone else is trying to stay warm and people are out in little tight shorts and a jacket.

Guess I bug you then.
  • PhilP0wer
    PhilP0wer Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Man, quite the reaction for and against people wearing jeans. I've worn jeans before on upper body day when I wanted to lift over my lunch break and never got a reaction from anybody. Of course on upper body day I'm doing 5 sets with 275 on the bench in a super set with chin ups. I must be super totally friggin awesome! Or I work out at a really liberal gym where nobody really judges... As far as strange workout outfits go, I did see a couple people all dressed up running the local marathon. One was Darth Vader and the other was a storm trooper. Considering the fact that they were running 20 miles it was pretty hard core