Questions about exercise plan

Options
My plan is to eat 2000 calories a day. Exercise 6 days a week for 1 hour. 3 days of strength training, 3 days of cardio. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week. I'm 6'1, 210 pounds. Does this sound okay? I'm okay if I lose less than 2 pounds a week, I just want to lose at least 1, and not lose the little muscle I have.

Replies

• trashboaty
    trashboaty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    How may pounds are you trying to lose?
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It matches up with your TDEE (about 3,000). Looks like you'll be running a 1,000 calorie deficit every day, so you should lose 2 pounds per week. Start with that then adjust based on the results you're getting.
  • trashboaty
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

• Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You should be in the right slot. I'm 5'11" and trying to lose more. But my calorie intake is 2100 and I workout 5 days a week. 3 strength training and 2 cardio
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    trashboaty wrote: »
    I just want to lose at least 1, and not lose the little muscle I have.

Keep the calorie deficit small: 500

Follow a good lifting program.
  • trashboaty
    Options
    this is such a pain in the *kitten*. I'll try my plan for two weeks, and adjust if i need to.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    wow. i was going to say that you were somewhere close to being on the right track....and then i got to the part where you're going to adjust after two weeks? how much actionable data do you think you're going to gather in the first two weeks?
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

Male or female? I was assuming male. I'm slightly taller then you and easily loss 1 lb a week on 2250 and little exercise.

In general if you are trying to minimize muscle loss you should have a smaller deficit and lift weights. Cherimoose's recommended 500 calorie deficit is good for 1 lb a week.

DavPul is also correct. Two weeks may not give you enough data to adjust on. Especially if you are starting new cardio and lifting routines. Give it at least 4 weeks.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    this is such a pain in the *kitten*. I'll try my plan for two weeks, and adjust if i need to.

No, try two MONTHS, at the very least.