I'm new

Options
My name is Gwen, and I am 74 yeas old. I was doing great on an exercise regimine of going to a gym for 1\1/2 hrs 3 days a week and walking on the other days . I hurt my back on Christmas Day and haven't been able to do much. I have been married for 53 years, hae 5 children and 13 grandchildren. I am blessed to be able to say I know them all well and am able to send time with all of them. I am a TOPS member, and lost 9 pounds last year. When I was 25, I lost 120 pounds and have kept it off for almost 50 years:). I try to eat healthy, but am not extreme. I would like to lose 5 pounds by Easter, and I think I can after that, I'll set another 5 pound goal. Gradual works best for me. I don't diet, but I count carbs and calories and check my blood pressure and suger twice a day and adjust my eating as needed I'll encourage you, if you will encourage me. I try not to dwell on what I can't do--but on what I can! How can I be of help to you?

Replies

• stacyketner
    stacyketner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow Gwen you are so inspirational, I hope that this time around I will be able to keep the weight off, I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago and they have all slowly crept back on :( . By the way my name is Stacy I'm 34, I've been married for 14 yrs and I have 2 children my daughter is going to be 12 and my son is 9 . I'm hoping to lose the 40 pounds again and this time keep it off for good so far I've lost 6 pounds since new years.
  • kknox2980
    Options
    I am 34 trying to lose weight also! I'm doing great so far!! Gwen you are an inspiration! You can do anything you set your mind to :) if either of you need anything feel free to message me! I may be able to help :)
  • waitegwendolyn1
    waitegwendolyn1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello kknox2980 and stacyketner. Thanks for the replies and nice compliments. I saw a picture of myself at 320 pounds when I was 25 and said, "this has got to stop!!" You can lose it and keep it off if you learn to just say NO! I weighed once a week, started walking every day for an hour, and cut way down on portion size!! In the next 10 years, I had 4 more kids (total of 5). It's never easy, and I'm not "thin" by any means! My youngest daughter is 36, so I can relate to both if you!! Good luck, love yourself and comit!!
  • stacyketner
    stacyketner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! I might just try the walking everyday thing my friends and I walk 2 or 3 times a week for a hour but the everyday walking is probably better for us. I do pretty good with portions and keeping track of calories my problem is chocolate especially during my period. :( I've been trying to stay away from a lot of starches and focusing on meat, vegetables and fruit, but pasta is normally a weakness of mine and in the last month and a half it's gotten better. I have psoriasis and stomach issues :( I've researched different diets and I seem to do better when I keep an eye on my sugar/carb intake. Hope you are both doing well! Have a Happy Valentines weekend!