Food problems

Options
I always struggle with wanting to eat. I'm a person who has to be eating every few hours and it's hard to always eat healthy. Any tips on how to avoid eating when bored or how to cure junk food addiction?

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    tell us more-how tall are you? What is your goal weight? How many calories are you eating each day?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My "cure" for not binging on junk food is not to buy it in the first place. If it's not in the house then I can't eat it. And never ever go grocery shopping when you're hungry lol
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I try to eat veggies that taste like stuff thats bad for you. Like recently I just tried the cauliflower rice substitute. It is so good and tastes like its bad. Grate a bunch of cauliflower and dice a bunch of onion. Heat a skillet on low-med with a tsp of olive oil or butter (real butter) Toss in your veggies and saute till soft. Add some ground rosemary, a pinch of garlic salt and Lawrys. Turn up heat to med and kinda fry till soft, then top with a little grated asiago. I use a half ounce. This is so tasty. If you slice zucchini and yellow summer squash and do the same thing, kinda fry in a pan it is just as good too. Or slice zucchini's in half put in a toaster oven around 350ish till soft and top with rosemary and parmesan. So good.
  • roystonmcgee
    roystonmcgee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have diet protein shakes. Some of the flavours taste great and keep me feeling full. Cheaper than snacking.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Really, it's best just not to buy it. I have the same problem and I've cut down a lot because I don't keep it in the house.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    kaysie_ly wrote: »
    I always struggle with wanting to eat. I'm a person who has to be eating every few hours and it's hard to always eat healthy. Any tips on how to avoid eating when bored or how to cure junk food addiction?

I used to eat when I was bored too. I'm a stay at home mama, and I would be in the kitchen or pantry constantly.

It's a choice I make on a daily basis, that I want to be fit more than I want to stuff my face. As you begging making that choice regularly, it gets a lot easier.

Now when I want to eat (and I know it's just because I'm bored) I do other things, like clean a bathroom, or vacuum a room. There is always work to be done with 3 kids.

And, I do keep 'junk' in the house. Cookies and chips, and Skittles (I'm currently potty training my youngest, and bribery works well) ;)

I don't deny myself something if I want it, I just make sure I can fit it into my day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your day and include snacks.
  • kaysie_ly
    kaysie_ly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    tell us more-how tall are you? What is your goal weight? How many calories are you eating each day?
    I'm 5'5 175 pounds and my goal weight is to be around 150. I'm 18 and go to college and have a job so sometimes its hard to find the right things to eat or find the time to exercise but I'm slowly getting there. I like to stay around 1,500 calories a day