Around 5'4" women....

Options
How much do you weigh and what size are you in?
I know it all depends on the body shape as well but people found it weird that i am in a size 8 (as of today i can fit them! Still a bit snug but i'll take it)
I'm 158lbs and working out like crazy, i know i've been losing more inches than weight. I wore a size 8 jean all day today, It made me feel great and i know it will keep me on track.
When i first started here i was 178lbs and at the very end of the overweight category, right now i'm in the middle at 27.1.

Anyways, my goal was to fit into my old jeans again, accomplished but i still have some pounds to go as i want to be in the middle of a healthy bmi range.
Input?

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 14 and weigh 200 lbs. No one ever believes me though.
  • amylynn9
    amylynn9 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am 5'3"/ currently weigh 187lbs.
    I wear a Large in tops.
    Size 14/15 in pants right now.

When I was 160lbs I wore a size 12/13
    When I was 130lbs I wore a size 8.

I have wider hips than most, I guess?
    But at a size 8 I was very happy and content.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am a comfortable size eight. I can fit a seven but they are snug and I hate things that are snug, I need room to breathe lol....I am 143lbs. My body shape is pretty square. I have tiny arms and legs and my weight loves to linger in my stomach - I hate that!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm 183 and I wear a size 11 :-/ Can't WAIT to get out of that size!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We are actually around the same weight and height, I was at 158 but went up to 159 this past week. And I too fit into a size 8 they can be a little snug right after washing them but fit great and actually get a little baggy after wearing them a couple days. I also have some size 10's that I still wear on days that I don't want to squeeze into the 8s for fear of getting depressed. What was your original size??? I would like to get down to a 6 if I could!!!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and roughly 100lbs but i have a really small figure..booo:) Size 3.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and am currently at 163 lbs. and I just got into a size 10 pants (jeans) and medium tops. I've always carried all my weight in my butt and thighs so pants have always been a problem for me.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and weigh 138 lbs and am a large, size 10 etc. I find clothing sizes very frustrating.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 120 lbs and I am currently wearing 4/5s.
    I have a small frame, though, and was a 0/1 at 104 lbs.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", 151 pounds today, and a size 10. I started out 173, size 14-16 My goal is 135 and I should be in a 4-6 when I get there. :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and weigh about 210 (93.9kgs). i wear a UK size 18 (which i think is a US 14 maybe?). i have big boobs and thighs, so my thighs often make me buy a size bigger in pantage!.
  • Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well. Started at 261 lbs and was a size 22/24. Currently 197 lbs and in a size 12 womens or 15 juniors. My goal is a size 8. Not sure what I'll weigh when I get there, but no one ever believes I'm close to 200 pounds.
  • ccupps83
    ccupps83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 148 and wear a size 8. I'm 5'4. I'm actually thinking that I may have to go to a size 10....thus I am on MFP to drop some pounds. I AM muscular and teach an interval fitness class 3x/week but HATING my tight jeans!!!
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    We are actually around the same weight and height, I was at 158 but went up to 159 this past week. And I too fit into a size 8 they can be a little snug right after washing them but fit great and actually get a little baggy after wearing them a couple days. I also have some size 10's that I still wear on days that I don't want to squeeze into the 8s for fear of getting depressed. What was your original size??? I would like to get down to a 6 if I could!!!

Great to hear! :-)
    I used to be a 6 back in high school ,before i met my husband and all that, i gained weight when we were dating due to eat to much fast food, but i was about 20lbs lighter too. Maybe it is b/c i have more muscles now
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh about 147. I have a pear shape pretty much...little waist but bigger hips. I wear a 7/8 in pants and a medium in shirts. When I was 135 (goal I'm going for), I wore a 5/6, so just a little more to go :)
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    I am 5'6", 151 pounds today, and a size 10. I started out 173, size 14-16 My goal is 135 and I should be in a 4-6 when I get there. :)

128-135 is my goal!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ah, we're all the same height but such different body types.

I'm 5' 4" and weigh 218 lbs. I wear a very loose size 16, *almost* a 14 in bottoms and wear a size large in tops.
    My goal weight is 140 and at the rate things are going I imagine I will be in a size 4 or perhaps even smaller upon arrival.
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well. Started at 261 lbs and was a size 22/24. Currently 197 lbs and in a size 12 womens or 15 juniors. My goal is a size 8. Not sure what I'll weigh when I get there, but no one ever believes I'm close to 200 pounds.

Same problem here, People think i weigh less than i actually do. Most women in my family are like that though, "heavy boned" i guess
  • eden14
    eden14 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm a tiny 4' 9.5" and weigh 72 pounds,
    i joined just now coz i need to put about 10 pounds back on after being ill for a few months. :-)