Looking for new friends to share motivation and encouragement.

Options
Anyone out there physically active and counting calories yet still cannot seem to get their weight to move? I started on a journey almost a year and a half ago. I have lost 21 pounds only.
After a three month plateau I started myfitnesspal to log my foods daily. I have been very conscientious about it and the result is one pound lost in 5 weeks.
In my head I know that body composition and inches lost are more important but it still upsets me that the scale will not move.
All this is making me in need of support all the more. Hoping to just stick with the plan and one day in the future meet my goals.
If you would like to share mutual support, please add me!

Replies

• mrad16962
    mrad16962 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too..just figuring my way around..one thing I find that helps is strength training. ..cardio too...however strength training gives you the muscle that will burn fat continually throughout the day In fact my focus has been off and I'm beginning tomorrow. .again..with my workouts. ..I've lost 10 lbs so far and need to lose 20-30 lbs more....so I'm struggling too...I've like to get to my goal weight of 115... :#
  • strive58
    Options
    I do lots of cardio but not little strength so I am going to try that. I have 25-30 left to go.
    Hopefully we can keep each other in the game
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Today is my begin again day as well. We had pot luck family dinner yesterday and I was out of control. When I am focused i do strength training but I use machines more so than free weights. I love cardio. I spin, use the elliptical and I run. I don't even weigh myself because I get so frustrated if the scale does not move especially when I think I had a good week. i use the way my clothes fit to judge how well I am doing. Good luck, you will get the results you are looking for it just takes time. Feel free to add me if you want support!
  • elaforce
    Options
    I am with you. I started back two weeks ago, and lost 6 pounds the first week or so, and then nothing the second week. So frustrating, since I've been at the gym every day, for at least 45 minutes a day.

One thing that is helping me though, is the feeling of strength and confidence and accomplishment I feel, even though I'm not losing weight right now. I'm trying so hard to focus on the fact that I feel good, and not focus on the scale.

It's undoubtedly tough, though. We all want to see transparent and tangible results, and the numbers are the easiest way to gauge that. I'm finding it really helpful to read through some of these posts, and realize that we are all kind of in the same boat!
  • strive58
    Options
    Yes, we have been so brainwashed to judge accomplishments by our weight. It is smart but very hard to stop thinking that way. I think I am going to go to a place here with a bod pod that measures body composition and then go again at the end of the summer. It would give me some comparison to hang my hat on.
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Looking for adds ☺️