New Calories - Such a thing as too few?

Options
Case0099
Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
I had a great day today as far as calories and went for a really long bike ride, my net calories for today is going to be only 231. Is that too few? It seems really low and I don't know anything about how few is too few?

Replies

• Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    *Oops I meant net calories!
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Actually there is....If you don't get enough calories, your body can go into survival mode. It will hang on to the calories you have taken in because it thinks your not going to feed it. Every once in a while is fine, but if it is regular thing, your weight loss can come to a halt.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    LOL was wondering what these 'new' fangled calories were
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    most nutritionists AND doctors will recommend 1200 net calories of healthy, whole foods...I don't know that 1200 is a "magic" number, but I don't know how well one's body can function at a whole lot less...you aren't posting your numbers here of how much you ate or burned, but 231 net seems VERY low...I would aim for at least 1000 net, personally :)
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    you need a NET of at least 1200 to stay on the healthy side... Anything much less than that and you risk your body going into starvation mode.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Too few could be dangerous! Be careful not to eat to few that could cause problems in the long run! Might have weightloss but sustaining it would be diffucult by starvation mode! I hope this helps!

April