Anxiety and stress

Options
pigiaki
pigiaki Posts: 40 Member
Hello everyone,it's been a while.Here is a question for you ''How do you deal with stress?''.What is actually happening with me is that i study a lot and even though i have good marks,i get realy anxious for no reason.I am afraid of failure,of course,and i cannot deal with it.I'm desperate,please help me!!!!! :(

Replies

• haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Why not talk about some of these issues with some. When *kitten* start hitting the fan for me I talk to somebody close to me.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I recommend seeing professional help.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me it is all about physical exertion and focus. Stress is a mental condition, so I try and work it out in the gym or I use my archery. The archery helps because to do it right you need to be in the zone, you have to focus on form and aim and you kinda block everything else out for a while. I guess yoga, or something like that would work too.

Stress can be a serious thing, and I've seen it change people and lead to depression. If you feel it is affecting you overly then it may be worth talking to someone.
  • SangreViento
    SangreViento Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would add that anxiety is not always caused by external environment and can be related to hormones or other chemical changes in the body (such as hyperthyroid for example - no amount of yoga can fix your hormone numbers!) but that of course, should be professionally diagnosed. If you are sure that your anxiety is related to external environment only, then yes, I would agree - exercise, taking time to just step back and sort through your thoughts would be helpful.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you have actual anxiety attacks (you'll know it if you do), I'd suggest a doctor visit. I struggled with them for years and finally got help.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    if you really feel anxiety is becoming an issue, you should talk to your doctor. I box to reduce stress and anxiety.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I used to get nervous in school, but then it gets to a point where your grades are not so much about what you learn vs. the material, it's how you do relative to everyone else in the class.

Then I would take a look around and feel much better instantly...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I grab a cigar and go for a walk.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yoga and/or weight lifting. Working out zaps my stress like nothing else!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my therapist told me to put all that stress and anxiety into a box. I picture a box and I put everything in it, it actually helped me.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I talk to someone close to me. When it began to affect my day to day life, I reached out to a therapist. When I became suicidal, I told my counselor and got treatment.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
  • DustoniousMonk
    DustoniousMonk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Step outside your situation (in your mind) and look in. Nothing is life-ending, life always goes on. Don't study 7 days a week and feel guilty about not studying. :-)
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If it's just anxiety, get a Xanax script. LOL.

They're awesome.
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Workout, meditate, try a supplement like ashwagandha.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As someone who has had panic attacks and generalized anxiety, and married to someone with the same, definitely talk to a professional. Anti-anxiety medicine does wonders, and you don't have to stay on it forever, even just counseling/therapy sessions to talk it out can do a lot too.