confused?

Options
I have learnt that weight loss is a simple formula:
As long as the amount of calories burnt is higher than the number of calories eaten = weight loss

Just wondering why when you exercise you are given ''additional calories to consume''?? sort of defeats the purpose of the exercise doesnt it (if the goal is weight loss..)

Replies

• Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree. I do not use up those extra calories from working out. I keep my calorie goal the same whether I work out or not.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Because when you set up your stats, the daily total you are given already has calories taken off to promote weight loss close to what you entered as wanting to lose per week. So I believe MFP philosophy is that if they already reduced your daily calories by 400 or so if you eat back what you burn you still should lose but not starve. =)

But what i do is have a snack or a protein shake if I get hunger later, basically just play by ear if hungry eat a bit and see what that does for ya.
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I too was confused when I first began. I met with a nutritionist and a weight lose doc who basically said...if you are working out like crazy 6 days a week...you should take in some extra calories...but if you are just working out 3-4 days a week...try not to consume them! It has worked for me so far!