? for those doing Insanity

Options
I was just wondering if any of you who are at the 1200 calories for the day, are you eating all your exercise calories back too so you don't go below 1200 calories for the day?

I wasn't eating back my calories and my weight loss stopped and then I gained so i'm next to positive I need to eat more just curious if anyone is in the same boat?

Replies

• Julianne1222
    Julianne1222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my calories back. I tend to excercise so I can earn that glass of wine with dinner! I usually take Friday and/or Saturday off so I do not burn out.
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm currently using Turbo Fire (day 79). I'm definitely increasing my calories to maximize my benefit !
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    eat them back! it's an insane work out and you need the fuel! i've done insanity work outs and no matter what exercise i do i eat them back anyway. i've always lost weight doing so!
  • shadsmom
    shadsmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't "eat back" my exercise calories. but I also don't go below about 1400 calories. If you drop too low calorie wise and continue to exercise, your body will most likely go into a "starvation mode". Your body is going to make sure it has enough calories for vital functions and will hold onto fat if it feels that enough calories aren't consumed. hope this helps.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I upped my calories to 1350....sometimes I eat more.....
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I wasn't eating back my calories and my weight loss stopped and then I gained so i'm next to positive I need to eat more

You answered your own question.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    yes please eat them back. Insanity takes the life and breath out of you and you need to refuel your body with proper nutrition, not junk, so you can get through the next Insanity workouts. I do Insanity along with Turbo Fire and weights at the gym you definetely need to eat at least half your calories back. Shaun T wants you to be on no less than 1500 calories anyway. So dont fall below 1500