Looking For Motivational Girls!!

Options
Hi everyone! I take a very relaxed approach to health and looking for some girls who are the same. I'm not counting calories just choosing better foods and drinking more water. I also want to start a new workout routine as of Monday if anyone wants to join.

If there are girls who would be interested in starting a whatsapp/kik/whatever group to stay motivated that would be cool!

Even if you're following a totally different plan whatever! I'm just looking for some girls who have similar goals!

wqcs1kzy0i6i.jpg

Replies

• stuckt
    Options
    I need to get motivated and stay motivated
  • amacneill
    amacneill Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! Does anyone have an app of choice to use for communicating? Or even just on here!
  • Hamburgtexan
    Options
    That sounds fun! I want to run 21km a week and do a core training twice a week. That's less than you. Are you still interested in a connection?
  • amacneill
    Options
    Yes! I'm not worried about how much just that there's someone to share with! What kind of core training are you doing?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your training programme from? I don't know many people who would put running on the same day as a leg day.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely up for some more relaxed/motivated friends...I have GroupMe and it works well
  • amacneill
    Options
    Okay I'll check out groupme and get back to you.

I found the photo in pintrest, but likey said I'm not into religious regime following. I can imagine what you mean about running and leg day. I was hoping to adapt the entire thing like this:

For any day where there's a cardio + strength training (cardio and leg like you pointed out or arms/abs) I'm just gonna pick a HIIT program on YouTube for the amount of time the cardio says, focusing on the muscles it says.

I figure there's so much cardio involved in those HIIT videos that I don't need to be doing a cardio as well.

I'm not much of a runner anyway. Anyone who knows more about fitness is welcome to comment! I'm looking for advice!
  • amacneill
    Options
    Alright I'm using the app GroupMe, my phone number is 06 32 73 21 48 , I think you can add people there using a phone number.
  • katherine391
    katherine391 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me.. I have kik or WhatsApp. I'm currently training for the London Marathon but I need a good luck up the *kitten* in other ways..
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    i would strongly suggest NOT putting your phone number on a public forum
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    amacneill wrote: »
    Alright I'm using the app GroupMe, my phone number is 06 32 73 21 48 , I think you can add people there using a phone number.

seriously?
  • annelg1984
    annelg1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ya here is a programme which I got from a PT - Its very good and would give you something to work with :)
  • annelg1984
    annelg1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry forgot to include it :open_mouth:

New plan

When doing weights do a 10k run but when doing legs go on the stepper for 20mins level 14

Days I between do only cardio

20mins xtrainer level 8 speed 14
    15mins bike level 6 speed 100-120
    Step 20mins level 10-16

Split routine

Day 1

Bench press
    Incline barbell
    Incline dumbbell
    Flat flys dumbbells
    Barbell curls
    Dumbbell curl standing
    Preacher curls
    Cable curls

2 warm up sets of 12reps and 2 working sets of 20 reps

Rest only 40 seconds between sets

Each set u do gets heavier with weight

Day 2

Leg extension
    Leg press
    Squats
    Walking lunges
    Smith lunges
    Leg curl lying
    Seated leg curl
    Stiff leg dead lifts
    Calf raise
    Seated calf raise

2 warm up sets of 15 reps and 3 working sets of 20 reps

Day 3

Lateral raise
    Shoulder press dumbbells
    Shoulder press barbell
    Bent over Flys
    Tricep press
    Tricep dips on bench
    Tricep extension with straight bar
    Tricep pressdown

2 warm up sets 15 reps 3 working sets 20 reps

Day 4

Lat machine wide grip
    Seated row
    t-bar row
    Bent over rows
    Dead lifts
    Preacher curl
    Dumbbell curls
    Barbell curl

2 warm up sets 15 reps and 4 working sets of 15-20 reps

Breakfast
    Meal1
    1 full egg and 30g of porridge or 1-2 wheatibix with skimmed milk Or 1 egg and wheatibix and natural yogurt with berries Or Branflakes and fruit (255 calories) Or 30g branflakes, , 1tbsp raisins and skimmed milk. Or Fruity muesli (260 calories) 30g sugar-free muesli, 3 dried apricots, strawberries and skimmed milk. Plus 250mls green tea 500mg vit c 1 multi vit Flaxseed capsule 1 good fats
    Snack 2 2 rice cakes with low fat cheese or smoked salmon or 1/4 cup hummus 1 apple 250mls of green tea
    Lunch 6 oz lean meat or tuna tuna in spring water. (100g) 2 cups of green veg , sweet potato 80g or basmati rice add low fat dressings or spices for a faster metabolism 500mls of water U can have salad twice a week
    Dinner 6oz lean meat (150g) 2 full cups of green veg and low fat dressing plus add spices 500mls of water , 1 flaxseed capsule
    Last snack 1 apple and 2 - 3 rice cakes with low fat cheese or carrots sticks 1/4 cup hummus and 500mls of green tea 500mg vit-c
    Vegetables Kale Any green veg but especially broccoli,Asparagus or green beans is best Cabbage Peas but not from can Wholes grain pasta is ok but eat it only once a week 60g Carrots only on snacks Mushroom with dinners or lunch or snacks Onions with dinners or lunch Red onion with dinners or lunch
    Lean meat Chicken Turkey Fresh fish (the best for body fat loss) Salmon ,prawns ,mackerel and kippers twice a week Lean Red meat (eat no more than1 time a week) 6oz Extra lean mince steak 100g as one of ur red meats Beef 6oz as one if your red meats Venison 6oz as one of your red meats Tuna in spring water 100g Tuna steak 8oz
    Only eat red meat or Salmon ,prawns ,mackerel and kippers if ur doing a long day or if ur doing a heavy training session
    LIST U CAN EAT Caffeine Regular tea is fine (2 cups per day) Coffee once a day
    Carbs Porridge only at breakfast Pure orange juice only at breakfast large white potato or baby boils Sweet potato Basmati rice Brown rice
    You can fry ur eggs or steak in coconut oil or good oil!!!!!!!
    Don't have
    Tinned peas No bananas in your fruit salads Salt Soy sauce Butter Bread Alcohol Sugar free drinks Sweeteners Bacon Turkey rashers Ham Pork Lamb Full fat milk Crisp bread Cheddar cheese Snack a jacks rice cakes = NO Egg noddles Noddles Tin beans Tin soups White pastas Oxo cubs Any sausages Pop tarts Pancakes Muffins Sugar
    Vitamin c
    Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients, experts say. It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.
    Flaxseed oil
    The benefits of flaxseed oil would be that it taste better than fish oil. It has all the omega essential fatty acids, it has fiber and zinc, and loaded with B Vitamins. It's beneficial for healthy function of the liver, makes hair and nails stronger, and good for weight loss. It also prevents the development of many forms of cancer.
    Vegetables
    You need to eat vegetables everyday because you simply cannot find another food group that is as perfectly matched to our everyday human needs as vegetables! Vegetables fit us like a glove. From so many different perspectives, the nature of vegetables and the nature of human health are matched up in a way that simply cannot be duplicated by other food groups, including fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds, grains, seafoods, or poultry and meats.

TAKE AMINOS DURING TRAINING
    What amino acids can be used for (take them during ur workout, in ur drink)
    Amino acids are at the basis of all life processes, as they are absolutely essential for every metabolic process.
    Among their most important tasks are the:
    optimal transport and optimal storage of all nutrients (i.e. water, fat, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and vitamins). The majority of health issues such as obesity, high-cholesterol levels, diabetes, insomnia, erectile dysfunction or arthritis can essentially be traced back to metabolic disturbances. This also applies to hair loss and serious cases of wrinkle formation.
    This is why it is important to act sooner rather than later to ensure that the essential amino acids are available to the body in sufficient quantities.
    Unfortunately this cannot be guaranteed nowadays, due to the poor quality of our diet. This is why supplementation with amino acids is recommended.

AFTER TRAINING
    Why is whey shake and a banana after training good for u
    After weights workout take 20g of whey protein (water)and 1 med size banana. If there ever was a perfect, post workout muscle building food, bananas would be it. We all know that once we finish our workouts, our muscles are depleted of nutrients, specifically carbohydrates and electrolytes such as potassium. Our muscles are usually cramped and/or numb. It's because of this that we need to get protein, carbohydrates, and electrolytes back into our muscle cells to get them on the road to recovery.

Breakfast
    U can have a whey shake if u don't want eggs
    USN ultra diet whey 30g mixed with 200-300mls of water

Why Diet Shakes Don’t Work
    We’ve all heard of them and many of us have tried them, but how many people have lost weight and kept it off using diet shakes? I decided to investigate why they don’t seem to enjoy lasting success.
    They are not digested like food
    When you drink your food, your digestion doesn’t kick in the same way as when you eat it. When we eat, digestion begins in the mouth. Enzymes are secreted in saliva, chewing the food automatically kicks in the stomach acid, and the gallbladder gets ready with more enzymes. Diet shakes bypass these processes and just land in your stomach, which doesn’t receive much warning, and it may not be ready to begin digestion. The result? Poor absorption of nutrients, bloating and slower metabolism.
    They mess up your metabolism
    You have lost the weight on the shakes, but you can’t live on them forever. However, your metabolism has slowed down from the lack of food and your body seems to have forgotten how to deal with eating an entire meal. Cue the rebound effect – hello weight gain!

• TavistockToad
    Options
    annelg1984 wrote: »
    Hi ya here is a programme which I got from a PT - Its very good and would give you something to work with :)

Its really not.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    annelg1984 wrote: »

Its really not.

Yeah, not too many people would have time for all that. Plus, it is extremely biased to upper body.
  • amacneill
    Options
    Yikes. Like I said I'm very relaxed here. Im not looking for any negativity only suggestions and things. That plan looks huge I will have a read through! Unfortunatley I don't have control over the foods available to me so I can't really meal plan but the exercise stuff I'll check out.

I'm not too concerned about my phone number being on a public forum, it's for people to add on whatsapp or text. It isnt associated with any address I have as its a temp phone for my current Europe trip. The worst someone can do is prank call me I suppose! :smile:
  • Mikele17
    Mikele17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im down for the group me
  • amacneill
    Options
    Cool, my number is above. Send me a message and we can see who else wants to join in!
  • allisongwilson
    allisongwilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Allison!
    I'm like you, I find the more in depth and specfic you make exercise and dieting, the more complicated and hard it seems when really it's eat good and get up and do something! I'm counting calories and attempt to do cardio twice a week, Monday and Friday, for about 50 minutes each day. Tues, Weds, and Thursday I do strength training: Upper Body on Tues, Midbody on Weds, and Lower body on Thurs. I just recently started doing this and using this website to count calories. I'm open to suggestions and routines as well, and being in a group! That would be awesome! :smile:
  • amacneill
    Options
    Cool! I wrote my number above which you can add into Whatsapp or GroupMe, both seem like good apps for group conversations.