Jogging

Options
I have been working out for about 1 month consistently. I have about 85 pounds to loose and i have lost about 15lbs. I want to intensify my work out.. I usually walk on the treadmill at 3.0 on 10.0 incline. I have a 1500 cal diet. If I start jogging will I start to see a big difference on the scale???

Replies

• mldrown
    mldrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Any kind of cardio exercise that you add will increase weight loss. Your metabolism will spike as well so make sure you're giving your body the right energy it needs for the jogging. Since you're used to walking right now, walk for five minutes, run for five minutes, etc. Keep building up the amount of time you run so you it's not discouraging and feels "easy". I'm a lifetime runner - nothing like a runner's high!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Agreed-the interval button the treadmill is great for this if you have it-set your walking pace and running pace, and toggle every 5 minutes (or shorter) until you can do more straight running. Good luck!
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes it will help! Check out the Couch to 5k program. It's a great one to help you start running!

Good luck :)
  • DeeRay101712
    DeeRay101712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job losing 15lbs! You could try the 'Couch-to-5km' app (or 5k Runner app - I've been using this one for the last month but I see many MFP people use the other one) Its 3 days a week and starts you off 'easy' - alternating 1 minute jog, 1.5 min walk for 20 min - and builds up from there. You can always repeat days until you can manage them. I then do at-home strength training the days in between (sit-ups, pushups, squats, planks, etc). If you eat a slight caloric deficit then you should see weight loss and inches gone. :smiley: