Starting again. Determined to make it happen.

Options
Hello all, I am starting on here for the idk how many times. I want to feel better and know that what I am doing is making progress. I could use more friends that are going through the same thing.

Replies

• Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for several years, but I'm just over 40 days on this round. Several starts, but I'm going to have my proper finish this time. Feel free to add me. I don't always make perfect choices, I occasionally bail on a workout, and I crack jokes at the ridiculousness of it all. I keep pushing through though, so maybe we can inspire each other to be better tomorrow than we were today.
  • gbudwick
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Two weeks ago I weighed 200 lbs. This morning I am at 207. I feel like I sprint and stop and sprint and stop. I need to become steady and just chip away instead of feeling like I have to drop all my weight at once. Maybe you do the same. Remember the tortoise and the hare? I will be the tortoise.
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also starting again for what feels like the millionth time, and trying hard not to get discouraged. Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started over again at the beginning of January!!

I've done the same thing over and over again. Stick to it for a little while and then go off track again. However I've realised that I can't keep doing that and its time for a lifestyle change.

Feel free to add me :) Good luck x
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sassy (and all y'all) you aren't alone. This is my second go-around and thanks to a really horrible picture on 30 Dec 14, I'm here for the long haul. The important thing for me to remember is that this is a forever-dealio...akin to what gbudwick was saying about the race. Anyway, y'all...feel free to add me. I may be a pest (in the good, motivational way) on occasion, but it's only because I care. :)
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've lost track of how many times I've started and restarted. Y'all feel free to add me.
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off so many times. I have logged for almost a month straight and I think it is because I have MFP friends to support and motivate me. Feel free to add me! Good luck. You got this!!
  • nomorewobble2015
    Options
    Yup same boat. I do really well and then just lose the motivation. Oh just a little of this or I'll do some exercise later or I'll be better tomorrow. Kinda sucks! I've put on two stone in a year :disappointed: need some more friends who can help kick me in the *kitten*.
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All been there hun! Start and go just like traffic. Me included! Feel free to add me too!
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ditto here too. No excuses, I was just lazy and ate a lot of pizza. Friend me if you like.
  • 1Foot2Foot
    1Foot2Foot Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've done this whole thing a few times too, and this time I'm trying to interact more (this is actually my very first post in a thread here) and I'm also trying to learn from previous not-so successful attempts in the hope that I can set myself up for success and not failure. Mostly:
    • Choosing a realistic end goal that I think I can maintain without going crazy
    • Taking time to plan meals a week at a time so I don't have to think about or make food choices several times a day
    • Being gracious with myself because I'm generally my worst critic
  • campergirl45
    Options
    I am starting again too. I have lost track of how many times I've restarted. My mistake was flaking off during the holiday seasons. I'm back at the gym but still struggling to control my eating. I'm trying to remind myself I'm making lifestyle changes not dieting. Good luck to you all in your lifestyle changes. :)
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I sent you an add request! I am in the exact same situation. This time I feel different. I'm going to keep going. I'm not going to expect immediate results on the scale. :) I can do it and you can do it!
  • Pollylana
    Options
    Hello, first time on MFP. Lost a stone and a half on weightwatchers and managed to keep it off for the last year but now want to drop the final stone....... Been yo-yo dieting for decades and only in the last year has the penny dropped that if I want to be a healthy weight it means permanent eating and lifestyle changes........
  • lknewth
    lknewth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting again for I can't remember how many times. My problem is being consistent. I do great for awhile and then slack off.
  • jaxson2231
    jaxson2231 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am starting over for the third time and really need motivation and friends who know how it feels. Feel free to add me too
  • deyoun
    deyoun Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well last fall and lost about 20 lbs. Life happened and fell off the track. So I am at it again and hoping to loose 30 more lbs. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for more support :)
  • jyovatmsn
    jyovatmsn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - first post. I have gained 20# in the past 4 years. It has been a stubborn and depressing reality to go along with middle age. I'm 5'4" and those extra 20# are very noticeable. Think Baked Potato with toothpicks from the knees down. I decided late in 2014 that 2015 would be different. But wary of all of my previous short-lived attempts, I decided I would start by practicing in December & January.
    • Food - breakfast pre-portioned and packed for the week: oatmeal (unflavored, steel-cut) with fruit, yogurt with fruit, or cottage cheese with fruit. Same thing with lunch - though I did allow myself more variety. If I went out for lunch, I drastically adjusted my evening calories. MFP really helped me with portion control. Now I know how much to put on a plate - sometimes just giving myself a tablespoon of a calorie-laden food to satisfy my craving without wrecking the counts. Also helpful - I never have to wonder what's for...it's packed, it's ready, just take it and go.
    • Water - alternated cold water with hot water. Found it easier to drink hot water so I have kept up with the hot water. I don't hit 8 glasses a day everyday, but I definitely feel better when I do.
    • Alcohol - I polled my friends and asked them how much they drank and how much they would drink in a year. They balked at even thinking about it. None of us had any real idea how much. We all think of ourselves as moderate, but in fact we were consuming way more than we imagined we were. So. The solution to this has been easy. I count drinks, and I also use really, really small glasses think 2 oz jelly jars. After a while, it was easy enough to just drink water in regular glasses :)
    • Exercise - This is the big one. I haven't been exercising enough so even though my calorie intake was fairly close to the goal, the lack of exercise kept me where I am. I could lose a few #, but then one splurge and BAM the weight is back. So. Starting on Valentine's Day, exercise class 3x a week. Signed up, made sitter arrangements, paid everyone in advance, and told all my family/friends that I cannot miss class, think of it as school. When my "semester" ends, I'll treat myself to a mini-vacation.
    Wishing you the best, and I'm glad to share this path to wellness with you.
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Starting over yet again this month but i an trying and determined. You got this and we got this! Feel free to add. :)